cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Specification Limit and Upper Specification Limit on Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts:

I'm trying to input the lower and upper specification limit on inspection plan. I created my inspection characteristic but when I trying to digit the values, the systems erase that and give me the values from the inspection characteristics

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether there is lock for Inspection Characteristics in Inspection Plan. If yes, then unlock the Characteristics & then change the Values.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I can check that?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deihus,

1. While creating MIC you create it with upper, lower and target limits.

2. The same MIC when you use in inspection plan, all the control indicators and lower, upper values get copied in to inspection plan from MIC.

3. In fact this is the reason you can use this characteristic for several material.

Kindly excuse me as I could not interpret the term when I trying to digit the values . To digit value means what?

Whether you want to put different values in inspection plan rather than getting copied from MIC? If yes, you can do so. Just overwrite the values on QP01/QP02 and save.

Regards,

Anand

Edited by: Anand Rao on May 16, 2011 10:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand:

To describe exactly the problem.

I'm having a quantitative characteristic. I inserted it into inspection plan. When I'mn trying to overwrite the lower and higher values (QP01), this values dissapear, it only take the values from the quantitative characteristic.

If I use QP02 lower and higher values are disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

u must be using refrence MIC. use incomplete/copy copy module for ur requirement.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

You must delete this MIC from the Inspn Plan.

Change the MIC to Incomplete Copy model and save

Now, re-assign this MIC in the Inspection Plan.

With this setting, you can change the Lower & Upper limits for the Quantitative char, as desired.

Regards,

Krishna

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With too many replies: probably you'll be more confused than before !!

All are right and I think by far, the simplest answer is from Yogini.

Just follow the steps given and your problem will be resolved.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check whether this characteristic is quantitative characteritic.

2. check whether lower, upper limits are marked in control indicator of that charc.

3.select char and click on quantitative data tab , here put the number of decimal places u want.

now enter values and check

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like: you want to record the results in decimal places but, the system is not recording it in decimal points. If so, you need to go to t-code: CUNI and enter the number of decimal places for that UOM. Then, the system will follow the decimals as required. However, this may be cumbersome in some cases in Material Master. If so, go to rounding profile in MRP1 of Material Master and change as required. Once the number of decimals is changed in the UOM, change the inspn plan and save and assgin it to the material required. Now, when you are recording results the system will accept all results in the decimal places as required. Regards, Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the "Decimal places " in qualitative data of the char ...!! if its zero then try to change it to 2