Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field value not updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have created a new filed BussUnit in Screen Painter, I have created a search help, with values say a, b, c.

if i select value from the search help and click on save it saves the value, which modifies the table.

now issue is if I select a new value from the seach help and press enter, then the original saved value appears again in the input/output field.

I want the new value to appear, but that is not happening.

any help would be highly appreciated.

regards

Anup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

When you press enter screen field are updating old values , It is not updating changes in screen . you can just handle sy-ucomm for enter . when you press enter take (screen structure holds) new values from screen and pass same modified values to screen in PBO .

Regards,

Rakhi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

PBO of screen must be having a code where you are pulling out the value from table which was saved earlier. This code should be executed only once during initial or first load of screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

When you press enter screen field are updating old values , It is not updating changes in screen . you can just handle sy-ucomm for enter . when you press enter take (screen structure holds) new values from screen and pass same modified values to screen in PBO .

Regards,

Rakhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

I have also faced this kind of problem while creating one module pool application.

To solve this, just modify the field of the internal table( in which the original data is there) with new screen value in PAI event For eg :

WA_TC1_BOQ_ITAB_TMP-SURVEY_QTY = ZPS_BOQ-SURVEY_QTY.

MODIFY G_TC1_BOQ_ITAB FROM  WA_TC1_BOQ_ITAB_TMP
                                TRANSPORTING SURVEY_QTY.

Here ZPS_BOQ-SURVEY_QTY is my screen field which will have the latest value or changed value (as in your case). Create a work area of same type as that of internal table. Now assign new screen value to that work area i.e.

WA_TC1_BOQ_ITAB_TMP-SURVEY_QTY = ZPS_BOQ-SURVEY_QTY

Modify your internal table as coded above. Now as soon as you press enter PAI event will trigger and your internal table will be modified with new value and in PBO of screen you will see the changed value of the field. In my case I had field Survey Qty which the user was changing.

Hope it clears your doubt/ problem

Do let us know if you still face some issues.

Cheers

VJ