cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP for special procurement 40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I'm wondering about the use of special procurement 40 in MRP.

As my understanding, it's a standard code in SAP which is assigned to procurement type F (external procurement).

In my case, i've already maintained the supplying plant in the config for special proc 40.

And in the material master, I assigned it with proc type F and special proc 40.

However, when I run the MRP, it always results a standar PR instead of Stock Transport Requisition.

and the weirder, it will result a Stock Transport Requisition when I change the proc type into X (both external proc and internal proc).

So my question is, what's actually the proper setting to have a Stock Transport Req as result of MRP?

is it proc type F (and maybe another config I missed?) or it's correct to have proc type X (any reference on this?) ?

Appreciate much for any answer.

thanks,

nasikhin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using the standard key 40, try to create new special procurement key in the receiving plant, with item category U (Stock Transfer) & maintain the supplying plant in it. Assign this key to the material in receiving plant, with procurement type F.

If there is requirement in receiving plant, after MRP, system will create the stock transfer PR.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

thanks for your reply.

but I've tried your method, to create new special procurement with combination F/U but the result is just the same.

MRP always generate standar PR.

is there any other fields must be maintained in the master data beside Proc type and Special Proc fields? or maybe another config to check?

thanks,

nasikhin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually it should generate a stock transfer PR in the receiving plant. (I have tried it in my system). Please check whether you ar checking the PR in receiving plant or supplying plant?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's why I raised this problem.

I've set up the special proc 40 for plant 9460, with supplying plant 9461.

Then I run MD03 for Plant 9460. but it always generate PR with both item category and the supplying plant is 'blank'.

hmmmm... :confuse:

Former Member
0 Kudos

My apologies, I was misunderstanding.

actually, both using procurement type F and X do not result in creating Stock Transfer Requisition.

Any idea which configuration I missed?

Thanks much,

nasikhin