cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Substitution Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a substitution rule for another user, one in which they are to receive all tasks and the rule starts "at once". The problem is that the rule is created with a status of "Ongoing" and Rule Activation says "Problems reported (repairable)". Clicking on that shows that 4 of our custom defined System with a status and message of "Problems reported (repairable)", but the default system "AdHocSystem" says "Substitution rule already exists for assignee".

Clicking "Retry" button does nothing.

Next we try the "Refres" button. This changes the error message in AdHocSystem to "Substitution rule is not defined in the system". Retry button still does nothing.

It appears that the substitution rule works but the error is creating concern amongst the employees in our organization. How can we resolve this?

Thanks,

Redding

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

armandozaro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Redding

Before substitution rules can be maintained at the portal UWL, the connection to the backend systems needs to be

working.

When you test this, the connection should say successful rather than problems reported repairable.

What you can maybe try to do is deactivating all the systems registered within UWL and only let the AdHocSystem enabled.

This way you will be able to check if the strange behavior in regards to the status of the substitution rule for this connector will still occur when only this connector is active and when there isn't any connector to which a "Problems reported (repairable)" is shown.

Try this out and check whether the substitution rule will work for the AdHocSystem or not.

Kind regards,

Armando Zaro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. The issue was that there were 2 UWL systems created for the type AdHocWorkflowConnector. Once is the default created by the system. The other was created by an administrator. I removed the 2nd and now everything works fine. I believe that the UWL needs an AdHocWorkflowConnector to work for manage substitutions and took the first one it could fine, but the System Alias couldn't be used for that type of request.