cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal/External Candidate-Rejected App Status -Stop to re-apply (WD4A)

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

Scenario 1 u2013 Candidate u201Ctestu201D applied to an application and you got rejected , when you launch the candidate link in WD4A , you see tab u201CMy applicationu201D , you will also see the job description for which you are rejected and system will also create another line with status u201CDraftu201D why ?

Job Status

SAP BPC (Rejected) Rejected

SAP BPC (Rejected) Draft

Now if I want to stop candidate to re-apply to rejected application , I know in WD4A , there is a method HECK_FOR_APPLICATION at COMPONENTCONTROLLER level and I can create an enhancement spot and can check application status , because of the above situation which is standard system always send application as u201C0u201D means Draft and the same candidate can apply the application again ?

Is it SAP E-recruitment Standard bug ? or am I missing something here ..

WD4A = HRRCF_C_REG_APPLWZD_UI

Please advice .

Thanks.

Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

the system behaviour you described is the sap standard how the e-recruiting application is working.

The possibility to apply several times can be a helpful feature for the handling of unsolicited applications using application groups. Furthermore I used it in projects to enforce online applications. Paper / e-mail applications were directly rejexted using the manual data entry requesting the candidate to apply online. The system behaviour allowed the candidate to apply to any requisition also the original one. No need for using dummy requsitions for manual data entry.

For the requisitions the issue of several applications of a candidate to the same requisition is from my experience a more rare case. Espacially if you are using requisitions correctly to manage one recruiting task. It is usually more likely that candidates use different registrations. Of course if recruiters keep requisitions open for a very long time to find the "new HR intern" every 6 month using the same requisition again and again as they are to lazy to copy a new one, you raise your risk of candidates reapplying.

One could argue that this is not the best possible solution. But from my experience it is very client and process dependent. If you would change it some customers would probably support the decision while others would complain.

Kind Regards

Roman

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman for the great insight . My customer is one of those who want to stop rejected candidates to re-apply . As I mentioned earlier they are using WD4A . How I go about doing it ?

Because this solution is missing something .. I know I can always go to HRP1001 and then do ND->A655 -> NE->B656->NA or something like this ..

u201CNow if I want to stop candidate to re-apply to rejected application , I know in WD4A , there is a method HECK_FOR_APPLICATION at COMPONENTCONTROLLER level and I can create an enhancement spot and can check application status , because of the above situation which is standard system always send application as u201C0u201D means Draft and the same candidate can apply the application again ?u201D

Do you think setting the parameter below make sense ? But it is not there for EHP3 . it is on EHp4 . Client is on EHP3.

u2022 RECFA PRODC

Period with Duplicates for Candidate Profiles

Specifies in days the period in which candidate profiles are evaluated by the system as duplicates, based on the last profile update.

Example:

The switch has the value 90

If a candidate profile is updated within 90 days of the previous changes, the system treats this new update as a duplicate.

Any pointers ?

Thanks.

Khan

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

the T77S0 switch for dublication check is not linked to your topic.

To prevent further applications to a requisition if the candidate is already rejected I'd start from WD4A component HRRCF_C_APPLICATIONS_UI view VW_APPLICATIONS. There is a method ONACTIONONAPPLY. This method checks publication and application information to decide if the candidate should be directed to the application wizard, directed to an application status screen or just gets an information that the publication period is over. In a first step I would replace the logic of the method to show the status screen whenever the candidate already has an application in a status other than draft. Furthermore I would make sure that this information is determined based on requisition and not on publication so you can't apply several times using different posting channels.

In a second step I would sneak some similar logic/redirect to the job search or even better to the registered application wizard to cover application deep links from external job boards and applications on application groups.

Kind Regards

Roman

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman for your input !

~ Khan