Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System load monitoring for process realization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please advise.

I have two business processes, one old process and another new - optimized process. Question is how to measure the system load (total) for realization of the first - old process and new process to measure difference of how the processes load the system.

I need to measure the system load only for realization of the processes (each process consists of several transactions).

I want to measure the load for realisation of the first process and know how it loads the system and then make the same measurement for the second process - so two separate measures are needed.

I work in SAP R/3 Enterprise.

Thank you for any advice.

Lubos

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lubos,

Run a batch VMSTAT while your testing for your old and new processes. This Batch job would give you, the system load during the runs. Also refer to transaction ST02, ST06 and STAD for further detailed analysis.

Regards

Sharma

yuri_ziryukin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I would advise to use ST03N transaction to estimate the load.

If your two processes use different transactions, you can use "Transaction Profile" view of the ST03 to see how much load both of them generate.