cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Period differ in P&L and Balance sheet reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a client who have an issue with the Profit Period in the financial reports. When we run the Balance Sheet this differs from the P&L statement's Profit Period even though we choose the same dates.

Any ideas where I can start looking for an answer to this question. Retained Earnings do have PEC transactions, but this is not the same amount than then difference....

Regards,

Marli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marli,

I am afraid both statements need the same period setting to match. Please give an example Profit Period for your case.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I might be the problem in Financial Report Template. There may be a chance where some newly created GL Accounts will not be linked into the template.

Update the P&L and Balance Sheet Template once again with all the accounts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gordon and Manikandan.

I checked and there was no Financial templates created. We have this on the standard "Chart of Accounts" setting in both reports.

I was wondering of the posting periods 'financial year' entry might have something to do with this? The Client recently changed their Posting periods and I see there is too many periods with the financial year 2011. Might it be that the Balance Sheet looks at that entry and the P&L not?

Thanks.

Marli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can this be because the PEC procedure was not run for the 2011 year that I'm looking at these reports?

I looked at some of my demo databases and found that most had this profit period difference between the Balance Sheet and P&L Reports....

Regards,

Marli

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue had to do with the PEC not being run for some transactions/accounts. As soon as I did that the Profit Period amounts were the same in the Balance sheet and P&L Statement.