cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gross price in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my purchase documents for excisable items the gross price is showing additional value in addition to the unitpricetax amount.If my unitprice is 100 rs and if I use BEDCENVAT(VAT12%) the gross price is showing 115 rs but actually if I calculate, the unit price + tax = 112,etc.Can somebody explain how?

Regards,

Sekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

Welcome you post on the forum.

Other than this 12%, do you set an additional 3% somewhere?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is the total tax % that u have given ? BED+VAT=12% or do u have any tax codes like VAT 3% that u have added with BED 12%.. pls check up ur tax combinations..

regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

This is a test database I am working in which I have the standard tax code BED+VAT.The breakup is like this.

BED-16%

CESS 2%

HSCESS 1%

VAT 4%

Now if I create PO for a item with a price of 100rs the gross price becomes 123 rs (Unit priceBEDCessHSCessvat%).But if you see the tax amount it is 21.14rs.How is the gross price calculated?

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the gross price is calculated in this basis... first check in document settings what is the price u have given for LPP or any other price list.. then check gross profit should be calculated by sales price or base price...

■Calculated according to the base price, the gross profit would be:

gross profit/base price x 100

■Calculated according to the sales price, the gross profit would be:

gross profit/sales price x 100

regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is about GrossPrice not GrossProfit.That you can find in any document by activating the form settings.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seker,

Sorry i dint understand it properly.. jus try this

method:

unit price * total Tax percentage/100 for instance take ur scenario total tax % is 23 so unit price is 100.

100*23/100 = 2300/100=23 hence 100+23= 123

got it...

regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My doubt is GrossPrice should be UnitpriceTaxAmount not unitpriceTaxPercentage?

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi seker,

By what ever ways the answer will come... my formula is right and i have tested it... May be ur tax formulation will be wrong... Gross price is nothing but the document total u verify it.... kindly check the formulation.. and for ur info i dint mention unit price + tax % its Unit price * Tax%/100... i gave this example since u asked how it is calculated...

regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a bug?

Can anybody clarify?

Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is solved.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

Can you explain how do you solve it? because one of my customer is facing similar issue.

BR

Prashant Kapoor

Answers (0)