cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Parameters - Default Values Not Showing On Crystal Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, I create a basic report with static parameters. Then I assign default values to the parameters. When I run the report in the Crystal Developer, a window pops up and I see my parameters with the default values assigned. At this point, if I run the report, it runs as expected and uses the default parameter values.

However... if I install this same report on the Crystal Server, select 'Properties' > 'Default Settings' > 'Parameters', I see my parameters but I don't see their default values, yet if I select 'View', then a window pops up and I see my parameters and their default values.

I guess I have the following questions:

1. What's the difference between 'Viewing' and 'Running' a report on the Crystal Server?

2. Why don't I see the parameter default values when I select 'Properties' > 'Default Settings' > 'Parameters' in the Crystal Server?

I see the same behavior whether I use CR Developer XI or 2008. The reports are being run on Crystal Server 2008.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two modes of saving a report. 1 save your report with data (to do this go in File-- Save Report with Data check this option) 2. Save your report without data (uncheck the above said option)

I think you are saving your report without saving the data with your report. Try to save the report with saved data this will keep your parameter default values.

Viewing is just looking at your report data which was saved along with your report. 'Running' is nothing but you are refreshing your report which will give you current data.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Your response was exactly what I needed. Thank you for your quick reply.

Sieg Dugas