cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP monitoring tools and best practices to monitor an SAP application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SAP forum and dont know if this is the right place for this question.Anyway I and looking for the following:

1) What are the best practices to monitor SAP application , are there any guidelines and documents.

2) Also which tools are best/highly used in the industry to do the above.

Pls help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. /people/dieter.krieger/blog/2006/08/04/sap-monitor-templates-for-sap-netweaver-and-key-components-of-sap-solutions

2. RZ20 --> ENTIRE SYSTEM

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But what are the best practices to monitor SAP application. (example could be monitoring database not going above % value .or we should monitor some particular servers or services..etc) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will use term daily monitoring, which includes

ST04 ---> Database Monitoring, look for Data buffer quality, Shared pool quality.

ST02 > Instance SAP Memory Stats> make sure there are no RED Values in this monitor. Increase the values of those parameters accordingly.

ST06n--> User utilization indicates SAP's util, idle util must be > 80%

St03n--> Work load Overview, look for Time spent on CPU and DB, and Response times, low values indicate better performance.

Thanks

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats great! But are there any recommendation on how to deploy CCMS or SAP solution manager....or may with any 3rd party tool like HP Openview (with SAP SPI) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within your SAP software installation DVDs exists an 'operations guide' specific for that software. Providing you have rights to the software, you can also download these operations guides in service.sap.com/swdc These guides give SAP's recommendations on monitoring.

Below an example for Solution manager 7.1

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000497822011E

Many more similar docs exist, just search in Service.sap.com/support

Best Regards,

DB49