cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change the enhancement set for a component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a situation where in we need to change assign a different enhancement set to all our components which got enhanced.

We can only have 1 enhancement set active for a client.

Now in our case

Say for client 300 we were using Enhancement Set E1.

Our requirement is to create one more enhancment set E2 and assign it to client C1. We can do that.

Do we we have a mechanism to move all development already done using E1 to E2?

Please Help.

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We create enhancement set in SM30, then assign it to client also there.

After that, when we go to BSP_WD_CMPWB - by default we see the enhancement set assigned to the client. Now there are 2 things:

1. to use different enhancement set for different users - you can implement badi component_loading to load different enhancement set depending on business requirement by writing code:

RV_RESULT = <name of ENHANCEMENT_SET. >

there is a default implementation in the system for reference.

2. all enhanced views can be seen in transaction SM34, give name of view cluster as BSPWDVC_CMP_EXT

Select your enhancement set -> go to Enhancement Definitions (here you see components enhanced) -> select any -> go to Controller Subsitutes (here you see all view enhanced).

You can try copying all these entries into another enhancement set. I am not sure if it will allow same entries in two different sets (if it doesn't you will have to delete from the other).

I hope that resolves your query.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

Thanks for your answer. we are actually going with 1 enhset and would be segregating the code based on Business Role.

They need to be able to do it deeper Project > Business Role > Component.

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai