cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Preview "Out of Memory" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a report I am running in the standalone version of Crystal Reports 2008 that has a large amount of data, and after about 210,000 records it tells me it is Out of Memory in the Preview mode. I have found the temp file and have cleaned it out. It will work when I paramiterize it in smaller batches, but our end goal is automation, which would require us to run the entire thing at once. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be causing this issue and how to resolve it? I am running on 3 GB Ram, over 100GB hard drive, on a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.10 GHz Processor. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running out of memory also - however I am just developing and testing.

Can anyone tell me what is the syntax to limit my to displaying only 50 line?

Thanks,

Tony

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This being a three year old post, you may want to create a new discussion and provide a bit more information:

Version of CR used.

CR service Packs applied.

Database used.

Database connection used.

How do you know you are running out of memory (errors? symptoms? behavior?).

For more ideas on how best to post to these forums, please see the blog

It's an oldie, but a goodie nevertheless.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

When I run a report that I created in SAP Crystal Reports 2011 where using Oracle 9, the report takes very long to run. It prints "millions of records" and finally stops with a message that it is out of memory.  Since I am just developing this report in the test environment and I am new to Crystal I just need to know how to limit the amount of records my report will display. What is the the syntax to limit my report to displaying only 50 line?

Thanks,

Tony

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The limit is based on the amount of RAM and available disk space for temp files on the computer where the report is running.

If you're linking tables (in other words - no command and no stored procedure) in your report, you can create a SQL Expression like the following:

RowNum <= 50

Use this SQL expression in the Select Expert and select "is true".  This should limit the number of rows.

Ideally, though, you should never have a report that returns this many rows - it's more than a single person can work with.  You should have criteria in the Select Expert that will limit the number of rows that are returned.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thanks for the help! I am new to Crstal.

Can you tell me where is the criteria in the Select Expert that will limit the number of rows that are returned?

Thanks,

Tony

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Ludek mentioned above, you probably want to create a new discussion for this.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please refer below link.

Regards,

Vamsee

0 Kudos

What is your database you are using?

Are you trying to Archive your database using Crystal Reports? Not a good use of CR....

Have you applied any CR patches?

If you are doing client side summaries or a lot of data filtering in CR it's highly recommended that you write a stored Procedure and do this server side, after all DB Server are optimized for filtering data.

Thank you

Don