Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Accessing data from other SAP system

Hi experts

I need to access data from one SAP system from other. My requirement is , perform applications (programs) in some SAP system, but using/accessing data from other SAP system .

For example, when we press F4 we get the match code (search help) for the field ; that window is alredy created by SAP and it shows the data for that field . Of course the application (ike any other program/application) read the data from the SAP system is being executing ; well i need execute that match code but show (taking) the data from other SAP system; i not refer to other MANDT in same system but other SAP system.

The communication between SAP1 system and SAP2 system is already created from BASIS.

My doubt is how can i execute that standard application (search help) but 'invoke' to standard application this take data from other system ?

I guess i can create Z search help wich call a Z Function (RFC) to get the data required from the other system ;

or maybe enhance the standar search help to call that Z RFC ; but standard application search help is already created and this access the data in several ways or places of code , and this has severals sub-windows and search features ; and i just need execute exactly same search help but accesing data from the other SAP system ; so my doubt is, is there some way to indicate to SAP the applications always (wherever) these applications acces the data do it but from other SAP system,

like if we 'redirect' the Data Base to other SAP system.

SAP1 applications are being executing -

> but all data (records) are taking from SAP2

Maybe the first suggestion is simply why do not we execute applications in SAP2 instead SAP1 , that's because the version package in SAP2 system (where we have the data) does not support some (non SAP) applications we need to use.

Excuse the long thread. Does somebody can help, any idea ?

Best Regards

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question