Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Batch manufacturing date

I have 2 scenarios

1) I create batch in production order and do confirmation and auto GR. when I look at the batch details in msc3n, I do not see a manufacturing date. I understand that because you might run a production order for more than a day, so manufacturing date is not populated in this case.

2) I dont create batch in production order and just confirm. I did GR in MB31. system asks for batch number. I created a batch in msc1n with manufacturing date with may 11th. used this batch number in MB31 and execute. system still asks me for the manufacturing date. why doesnt the system show the manufacturing date from the batch that I created?

if I enter manufacturing date as may 12th for the same batch, system is just giving a warning message but I can still overwrite it and save. so now I have a same batch with 2 different manufacturing dates. if thats the case what is the real use of manufacturing date in msc3n?

in future, if some one asks me what is the manufacturing date of a particular batch, I just cannot go to msc3n and give the info, because some of this batch has manufacturing date of another day too..

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question