cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order reprints when entering header note in change mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We want to use header note in PO as a worklog. PO should not print when a note is entered but whenever we enter any text in the header note in PO change mode, a change output gets triggered and the PO is getting printed. How can we avoid this?

Thanks

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fields that are relevant or triggering the printing of a PO are maintained via SPRO>Materials management>Purchasing>Messages>Fields relevant to printouts of changes.

Here you can define what items are relevant for printing when changed and also for which document this is relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

We havenot created an entry for for the header note in the print relevant for changes. Still system is printing the PO when making any entry in header note in change mode.

Thanks

Deepthi

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi

Can you check in SPRO>Matrerials management>Purchasing>Messages>Texts for messages --> Define texts for purchase order.

Do you have an entry there in the texts for document header for your document type pointing to object EKKO text ID F02 in operation 1 or 2. If I activate this then I get a print-out when I make a changed to the header note and save the document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the reply

We do have an entry for object EKKO, Text ID F02 for standard document type in operation 1 and 2. Do I have to remove an entry for operation 2 here?. If I remove it, Will it cause problem to other header texts i.e I do not want the PO print only when the header note have some changes. But it should print if any other header text is changed.

Thanks

Deepthi

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Removing this entry means that the Header note text is no longer relevant for printing. The removing of this setting only affects the Header note texts. Each text item has a different text ID number so removing the F2 text ID only affects the Header note text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

There is no entry for F02(header note) under Text for messages. I was mistaken. It was infact F01. Is there any other settings to avoid printing on changing header note.

Does the standard SAP has the facility to avoid print on changing the header note for alraedy printed PO.

Thanks

Deepthi

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

These are the only way's that I know to handle this. Are you sure that this is not coded in the SAPscript or smartform?

Regards,

Peter