cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyDMS thumbnails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using easyDMS 7.01. When creating powerpoints and jpegs in any doc type, the systems is automatically generating a thumbnail, attaching it to the same DIR, and giving the file and odd name, such as...

{A26D1DC3-40BA-4C06-8806-9B053F653D94}.bmp

Now, I understand from other forums that there are two ways to deal with thumbnails.

1) Edit registry entry for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDms\General - Disable Thumbnails with a value of 0.

2) Set parameters

a) THUMB_WAPPL (Set up workstation application for thumbnails which can be found in the IMG) set to blank

b) THUMB_IT blank for user group

I don't understand part 2. I already have no parameter at all in THUMB_WAPPL, the table is blank. I don't know where in the IMG to find THUMB_IT.

Can someone explain this to me in detail? We have ECC 6. SAP easyDMS 7.01. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the solution to this issue is as follows:

1: Make sure the workstation application for Thumbnails (THU) has been

created under Define Workstation application in IMG activity.

2: Make sure the registry settings are correct:

1.1 Centrally Controlled Registry Values:

DisableThumbnails (DWORD): Set to 1, this registry entry

will disable the creation of thumbnails from EasyDMS interface.

Refer to note1367514

I tested with Defining the parameters (THUMB_IT & THUMB_WSAPPL) for a user group, but that doesn't help. One might suggest Setting up Workstation Applications for Thumbnails in the IMG activity, this doesn't help either.

What I conclude with this testing is that first have a workstation application for Thumbnails so that the registry could then go in and disable the creation of thumbnails for any file/document created thereafter.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may not be the most convenient solution, but for powerpoint files you can check-out the doc, and uncheck "save preview" under File > Properties (summary tab). Not sure how to do this for JPEGS. The fundamental issue here is that windows creates a hidden thumbnail file which easydms tries to pick up and check-in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding!

I believe you just described how to get to set parameter THUMB_WAPPL. I am looking to set THUMB_IT.

Also, do you happen to know if you can set more than say, 4 file types for thumbnails? For example, if I decide that .bmp, .jpg, .ppt, and .pptx are to have thumbnails, that is all the room I have to set for worstation application THU. There isn't any space left to put more.

Thanks in advance!

Glenn

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SPRO (IMG - Implementation Guide) under Document Management you have a subtree for EasyDMS (first node under DMS). Defining user groups is the first entry there. Define a user group, and then in the Parameters part you add THUMB_IT without a value. That's what you are looking for, because I've just done it in the system here since we had the same problem and your post got me on track of how to solve it. So thank you

The system here has Norwegian as user interface language so the texts aren't the same, but I suppose you can find it.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Glenn,

the customizing for thumbnails can be found in transaction SPRO under

Cross-Application Components > Document Management > General Data > Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails images)

Best regards,

Christoph