cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown charecters for polish letters in pdf when generated through RAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a report in Crystal Reports which extracts data from SQL Server database.

In crystal report viewer, when i extract to pdf or any other form , i get expected result.

When I use this .rpt file in my application which is deployed in my server ( RAD7.0 ), in the browser i get expected crystal report but when I extract to pdf file, I get unknown characters instead of polish charecters.All other formats work fine excluding pdf.

Am I missing any updated plugin in RAD. or something to set up in Crystal report.

Thanks in advance.

Please suggest /advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Polish characters issue was resolved successfully.

RAD 7.5.4 was updated with the cr4e_2.0.11.zip plugin from a local destination. The PDF now renders properly the Polish characters.

One last question though:

We had our reports in the WebContent/crystalreportfiles folder. After the new CE plugin update, at runtime those files are not found in the classpath of the application anymore, but are found if placed in the base WebContent directly. Any idea as to how to adjust the CrystalReport classpath?

Thanks for your help so far.

Dorin Cecan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to place the v. 2011 runtime jars assciated with cr4e_2.0.11.zip. The first CR interraction was bringing this warning:

1. ....

2. ....

3. validate that the file crv.js exists at ....

The CR version used by our CR module for creation - that is XI rel2 - does not have/use the Javascript file: crv.js.

Do I have to rewrite the CR module for the 2011 CR version, or there is a path of porting/upgrading from v. XI R2 to v. 2011?

And thanks a lot for your fast replies.

Dorin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will go for Eclipse for a change.

Before doing that, here are the jars that are used at runtime by our application and residing in the war lib dir:

crystal-tags-reportviewer.tld

CrystalCharting.jar

CrystalCommon.jar

CrystalContentModels.jar

CrystalDatabaseConnectors.jar

CrystalExporters.jar

CrystalExportingBase.jar

CrystalFormulas.jar

CrystalQueryEngine.jar

CrystalReportEngine.jar

CrystalReportingCommon.jar

Does anybody has the knowlege of which of those files (or may be all of them as a group) need an update/replace for the Polish chars issue?

These are jars used by the application for the PDF view. The CR design, plugin, etc jars do not have any bearing at runtime for our purposes and the reported Polish char issue.

Dorin

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not just change a single jar file when upgrading your version, you want to update all of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still not able to get a solution.

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download the Crystal Reports for Eclipse all in one option and do a simple test using that. That should prove that this is working with that version and you can then try to figure out how you can use this in RAD. We do not have any documentation on how you can update RAD with this version so you would be on your own how to figure this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum members,

I am piggybacking on suryajenau2019s question. The same issue with a RAD 7.5.4 development environment this time: Polish characters in the generated PDF wiew - and only there - appear as: u201C?????u201D

Please do not consider the initial question as closed/resolved, since suryajena and I work for the same project, but I wasfor now able to upgrade my RAD to a required compatible version with the new CR API.

I tried to use the new API listed at: http://www.businessobjects.com/campaigns/forms/downloads/crystal/eclipse/datasave.asp

1. The all-in-one package: cr4e_2.0.11.zip, has features and plugins components. I tried to distribute them in the RADu2019s eclipse folder with no effect. On the other hand RAD 7.5.x is supposedly based on Eclipse 3.4.x, that comes with a u201Cp2u201D plugin protocol that does not support direct copy-paste of plugins, but tried I did. (The direct update url that is supposed to be "p2" compliant comes back with a 404 error)

2. The Run-time libraries I did not try since I need some minimal installation instructions u2026 that includes replacing the existing CR libraries that are packed with the RAD 7.5.4.

3. I tried to use the Language Packs, the Pack #2 has Polish and is spread over 505 jars. I added the jars to the war lib, with no avail.

Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about applying the new CR API to a war distributed application with Polish characters appearing as: "u201C????u201D in PDF view?

hopefully thankful,

Dorin

0 Kudos

Moved to Crystal Report Java SDK forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think , this needs some plugin in RAD, Can someone tell me which is the URL, needs to be used to update RAD for getting expected polish charectes in pdf which is extracted from crystal report from the application.

Thanks in advance.

Surya

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The Java Reporting Component that comes default with RAD is an older engine, that uses indexed fonts and not embedded/subset fonts for PDF export. Indexed fonts support Western European characters only.

Newer Crystal Reports for Eclipse / Crystal Reports Java engine supports subset fonts in PDF export.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted,

yes you are right , I am able to get expected polish charecters when pdf extracted from crystal report server.

But RAD may use older engine may be due to which from the applicaiton , report generated in the application has correct polish charecters , but pdf generated has some unknow charecters.

But do you have any plugins for RAD which will give expected results.

Please let me know if you have it.

Thanks in advance.

Surya

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You need the latest Crystal Reports Java, that contains the upgraded PDF exporter.

Search for Crystal Reports for Eclipse v2.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated RAD (Help -> Software updates--> from Business Object update site)

Now version used as shown is :-

Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer Version: 11.5.0.v20061018

But still problem not solved. How is it in crystal report genereated in the application does not give me issue but , in the pdf generated does give unknow charectes.

Please advice.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Version 11.5 is XI Release 2, not Crystal Reports for Eclipse V2.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , please find the configuration report for Eclipse as given below. Please let me know update site which can be used as software update for RAD.

FYI , I got a URL to update but , its this site seems to be down . i.e. "http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/1_0/update_site/"

Please advice.

• Features:

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.feature (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java Development Tools"

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.sdks (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer SDKs"

com.businessobjects.integration.rad (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer"

• Plug-in Registry:

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.3.4.dseintegration (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports DSE Integration Plug-in" [Installed]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Core Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Core Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.core.nl2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Core Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.dseintegration (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports DSE Integration Plug-in" [Installed]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.editor (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Editor Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.editor.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Editor Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.editor.nl2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Editor Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.enginepreferences (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Engine Preferences Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.enginepreferences.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Engine Preferences Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.enginepreferences.nl2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer Engine Preferences Package" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.preview (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Preview Tab" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.preview.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Preview Tab" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.preview.nl2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Preview Tab" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.WTPIntegration (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports WTPIntegration Plug-in" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.WTPIntegration.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports WTPIntegration Plug-in" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.designer.WTPIntegration.nl2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports WTPIntegration Plug-in" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java Development Tools" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.facet.jrc (11.8.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Runtime Support" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.facet.jrc.nls1 (11.8.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Runtime Support Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.facet.jrc.nls2 (11.8.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Runtime Support Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java Development Tools Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java Development Tools Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.pojo.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer POJO Support Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.pojo.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Designer POJO Support Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.crystalreports.samples (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Samples" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.designer.crystalreportsforeclipse.doc (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports for Eclipse Designer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.designer.crystalreportsforeclipse.doc.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports for Eclipse Designer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.developer.crystalreportsforeclipse.doc (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports for Eclipse Developer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.developer.crystalreportsforeclipse.doc.nl1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports for Eclipse Developer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.designer.doc (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports Toolkit for the Rational Software Development Platform Designer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.devtools.doc (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports Toolkit for the Rational Software Development Platform Developer Guide" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.enterprise.publishing.crystalreports (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports Publishing" [Installed]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.library (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports User Functions Library Support" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.library.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports User Functions Library Support Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.library.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports User Functions Library Support Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.reporting.ufl.java (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java User Function Library" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.reporting.ufl.java.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java User Function Library Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.reporting.ufl.java.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Java User Function Library Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.sdks (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer SDKs" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.web.properties (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports File Version Properties Plugin" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.web.properties.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports File Version Properties Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.web.properties.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports File Version Properties Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.eclipse.web.properties.update.3.4 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports File Version Properties Plugin" [Installed]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad.crviewer (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports JSP Tag Library Viewers" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad.crviewer.preferences (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Viewer Preferences" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad.crviewer.preferences.nls1 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Viewer Preferences Language Pack 1" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad.crviewer.preferences.nls2 (1.0.8.v1541) "Crystal Reports Viewer Preferences Language Pack 2" [Resolved]

com.businessobjects.integration.rad.jsf.crviewer (11.5.0.v20061018) "Crystal Reports Faces Viewer" [Installed]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have any idea about the above error. Or please let me know if you know the exact site which my RAD needs to be updated with.

Thanks ,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know the exact site , I found some of them , but unable to get it resolved.

Thanks.

Surya

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports For Eclipse info can be found [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/crystalreports-java]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be I am confusing you. I have already created report from Crystal report XI software I have. And there everything is fine , even pdf extracted has expected charecters.

But while running applicatiion in websphere, gives me unknown characters while extracting pdf report from crystal report.

Thus I believe there should be some server plugin,

Thanks,

Surya

Adam_Stone
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ted specifically told you earlier in the thread that the JRC version that you are running will not work and gave a description why. You need to update to CR4E 2.0 (jar files will be version 12.x).

Former Member
0 Kudos

In site, when I try to download "Crystal Reports for Eclipse 1.0 Resources" - "Download Crystal report for Eclipse1.0" from

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports-java, the site does not open.

It redirects to "http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/crystalreports-java?rid=/webcontent/uuid/b0f67412-9ac0-2b10-5982-dfdf6376cd99" [original link is broken] and then it halts with error.

I m unable to update RAD.

>> When I try to download runtime jar files from "/docs/DOC-7994#section8 [original link is broken]"

clicking on "Crystal report for java runtime engine" , it redirects me to "http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/1_0/crystalreports-javasdk-11.8.8.zip" and then halts with error.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While trying to update RAD with below given URL http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/crystalreportsforeclipse/2_0/update_site/

, I am getting below error.

Requested operation cannot be performed because it would invalidate the current configuration. See details for more information.

Crystal Reports for Eclipse Language Pack 2 (1.0.8.v1541) requires feature "com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.feature (1.0.8.v1541)", or compatible.

Crystal Reports for Rational Application Developer (11.5.0.v20061018) requires feature "com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.feature (1.0.0)", or compatible.

BusinessObjects Enterprise Tools (11.5.0.v20061018) requires plug-in "com.businessobjects.sdks.jrc.11.8.0".

Crystal Reports Designer for Eclipse Language Pack 2 (1.0.8.v1541) requires feature "com.businessobjects.crystalreports.integration.eclipse.designer.feature (1.0.8.v1541)", or compatible.

Crystal Reports for Eclipse (2.0.10.r1241) requires feature "org.eclipse.platform (3.4.0)", or compatible.

Do I need to update eclipse to 3.4 first ?

Please advice.