cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external source of data not getting populated in Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

We want to display the Project definition on the item Overview Tab ,when the object link is created .For that we have created a custom field in item and added the same in the item structure .we have used BADI RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS , method IF_EX_RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS~GET_ATTRIBUTES to display the data ,but the data is getting displayed but not getting saved in Item table.

Any idea where I am missing exactly .

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amitteja,

I believe, after you hit save, the field is filled up only when cProj is created and that is after your item is already saved in the item_d table. So, even though you see the field value, it wont save it in the table as the save event is complete.

You can try calling '/RPM/SAVE_CHANGES' function module after you set the value in the field in your BAdI code. this might increase your process time. What you can also try is updating the field value in 'IF_EX_RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS~ATTRIBUTE_MODIFY'.

Also keep a note that if you use 'copy to new item' functionality, then this field value will also be copied over as you have created this as a custom field in item_d table. you will have to clear the field value when using copy process.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

The item and Cproject are already created .I need to update this item custom fields whenever there is object link added at item .But at that time system will not trigger 'IF_EX_RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS~ATTRIBUTE_MODIFY',do you want me to call explictly inside 'get_attributes'.

Thanks,

Amit