cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding password rules causes issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our organization has currently decided to implement greater password restrictions. However, the addition of the profile parameter login/password_expiration_time has caused some havoc in our sandbox.

The problem is that we have Dialog user accounts such as DDIC and J2EE_ADMIN with expiring passwords. The problem with this is that these accounts are being used for background jobs (DDIC) and other system type events such as enabling the SOAP Service (J2EE_ADMIN).

What is the best way to implement these password rules without causing pieces of our system to come to a halt. Is it recommended to use service or system user typed users for running background jobs and such? Would it be safe to change the user type of DDIC or J2EE_ADMIN? Or is there a way to exclude a set of users from password rules without changing their user type? I have not been able to find a way.

Just looking for the SAP recommended approach.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by: Alex Van Luven on May 13, 2011 3:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I always prefer to use user copy of DDIC for background jobs (user type as service or system) to avoid such type of problems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> I always prefer to use user copy of DDIC for background jobs (user type as service or system) to avoid such type of problems.

>

> Thanks

> Sunny

This is the best solution, because the password rules affect to every dialog user without exception.

Regards

Edited by: Juan Francisco Estrada Garcia on May 24, 2011 8:49 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always recommended to create seprate user for background jobs having background job relevent authorization.

You can change the user type of DDIC and j2ee_admin to system.

-Sanjay