cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is XCelsius compatible with mobile devices, ie iPad and iPhone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone built successful mobile solutions using XCelsius to iPad and iPhone. I am wondering whether or not Flash will work with i-devices.

If its not compatible is there a better BI solution we should consider?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out this link

http://bit.ly/mOqKAg

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amr and Ken for providing me with some useful information.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exxova unveiled its ability to run Xcelsius on all IOS and Android OS devices @ this years SAP Sapphire conference in Orlando.

Check out www.exxova.com to learn more. Excellence x's Innovation-it's not just our name it's a reflection of what we strive to bring to our clients each and every day!

Sincerely,

-Exxova's Strategic Business Intelligence Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and I went ahead and reviewed the press release.

One question I'd like to ask right away. Does the exxova solution work with Business Objects XIR3.x release or only BI 4.x and after? We are not on BI 4.x yet, and may not be for quite some time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide more information on the Exxova solution in term of technical requirements and how it works ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

CB,

Our solution will work in your current environment. My number is 678-387-1858 (direct/work) and as long as you don't work for a competitor, i would be glad to set up some time for you to speak with one of our solution architects and myself. We appreciate your interest but i'd prefer to not mention any details on this blog as our solution is proprietary and we are gaining signifcant traction in the industry due to our ability to enable xcelsius, crystal and webi reports on IOS and Android devices.

Thanks,

Mark M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

As I mentioned to others on this thread, I'd prefer not to discuss how we do this since you aren't under a non-disclosure agreement with my company. I will however be glad to speak with you and/ or demo our solution via webex or skype. I can be reached @ 678-387-1858 (direct/work). Thanks for your interest and again feel free to reach out to me via phone for more information. I would prefer not put my work e-mail address on the web for fear of spam but if you reach out to me direct i'll gladly organize some time to speak with you. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mark M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The current version of Xcelsius 2008 do not support iOS used by iphone, as iOS do not support Adobe Flash.

With that say, there are however plan with the newer release of Business Objects Enteprise XI 4.x that will include iOS as supported platform in future service pack releases (TBC => SP2). This will also mean, the newer version of Xcelsius would also benefit from the same release.

Until we see it in the official supported platform guide for Xcelsius, the answer will remain as unsupported for now for iOS.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

So it sounds like its not Supported until BI 4.x. Will the dashboard work on the iOS even though its not supported, or does Adobe Flash not work as all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Xcelsius convert the file into SWF (Flash format), unless you can make iOS play flash, the answer will be no.

The limitation is actually on iOS not supporting Adobe Flash.

Hope that clear up the confusion.

Regards,

Ken