Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A, CSS & Co. - What is possible with WD4A concerning CSS and jQuery

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to develop a program that is doing the modern web things like looking cool (with CSS) and Drag & Drop (jQuery UI) but I am not getting the point if this really works well enough with WD4A. I found several hints that I can use themes without the need to use the portal. For Drag & Drop there are also hints like The point is that I don't know if this is working good enough..

Could some of you that have been already with this kind of stuff some hints if it is working good and stable? How is it possible to integrate jQuery in a WD4A application?

The other idea is to use BSPs/htmlb to integrate jQuery because this looks easier than working with WD4A.

What do you think about it? Could you give some advice on how to use CSS and jQuery?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro is a closed rendering environment. You can not access the html or javascript rendering. You should not make any attempts to change the rendering. Themeing is possible, but you must use the theme tool. This allows you to change the WD colors and some minor look and feel elements - but that is it. You can not use it to integrate 3rd party rendering libraries such as jQuery.

If you want to use jQuery within the ABAP environement, I would suggest BSP. If you want to integrate jQuery content with WDA content, then I suggest using the NetWeaver Portal or NetWeaver Business Client. You can then run BSP and WDA iViews in the same page and communicate between them using Portal Eventing. In 7.02 you could also use the Web Dynpro Page Builder and a URL CHIP for the BSP/jQuery sections.

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks a lot for your valueable input. I think I will follow your idea with the chip. In the end it is not clear which technology we will use. There are some required functions like drag & drop, if possible drag a file from the desktop (explorer) and drop it, So we are also thinking about using adobe air or non sap related technology with web services. We will investigate the technologies to find the best way to solve it. What do you think about using Web Dynpro and Flash for the drag&drop functionality?

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

Vanessa

Edited by: Vanessa Martinez on May 13, 2011 6:44 PM

Answers (0)