cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Usually a sender system is a production system. However I would like to install the add-on's first on development and quality before installing on production. Do I need to start with a scenario between e.g. development and quality or can I immediately use production as sender system?

What is the preferred project approach?

Thanks, Erik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have some apprehension of using production directly for the first TDMS execution, you may use one of the approaches -

> use a recent copy of production as sender

> temporarily create a system using a recent DB backup of the production system

> create a snapshot of production (in case you have a snapshot technology) and use it as a sender

Also note that during TDMS execution data is only read from the sender system so there is no risk to the data in the production the only concern could be that during some of the data intensive steps of TDMS there may be slight performance lack. The same may be minimized by plan the data intensive steps during the lean period of production system.

former_member182566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

I don't know if I understood your question, but if you don't install the add-ons in PRD you can't (of course) use it as sender.

I would say it is common practice not to go directly to production when implementing TDMS, but rather make your first copy using development and/or quality systems. It depends on your landscape and which scenario(s) you want to test, but copying e.g. from QAS to a new client in DEV would generaly be a good option.

By the way, the only restriction is that a production system can't be the receiver.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Rui