Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 Upgrade to SP06 fails.

I have done an initial installation of SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 which is starting up ok.

However when I try to upgrade to the current SP06 I get an error. I get the error both

if I do an automatic upgrade against SMP or if I do a manual upgrade using "Link to application" in portal

and choosing SP06 as target stack.

The error comes during phase 3 of 4 and looks like this:

Error message: The execution of .sca archive-deployment and binary exchange with JSPM failed. Deployment of queue VOT-1305287228958 completed with error Cannot start system. Cannot start system. Cannot start service for instance 0. Could not run OS process sapcontrol.exe for action start service. Could not start process C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe. Error while executing process C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe. CreateProcess: C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe -nr 0 -prot PIPE -function StartService VA3 error=14001 CreateProcess:

Anybody have an idea what is happening?

Hi ,

Please check event viewer logs.If you must be getting these entries :: which are labled "SideBySide".

If so then this is problem of windows patch.Follow SAP Note 1402510 along with 1375494.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question