cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 Upgrade to SP06 fails.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done an initial installation of SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 which is starting up ok.

However when I try to upgrade to the current SP06 I get an error. I get the error both

if I do an automatic upgrade against SMP or if I do a manual upgrade using "Link to application" in portal

and choosing SP06 as target stack.

The error comes during phase 3 of 4 and looks like this:

Error message: The execution of .sca archive-deployment and binary exchange with JSPM failed. Deployment of queue VOT-1305287228958 completed with error Cannot start system. Cannot start system. Cannot start service for instance 0. Could not run OS process sapcontrol.exe for action start service. Could not start process C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe. Error while executing process C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe. java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcontrol.exe -nr 0 -prot PIPE -function StartService VA3 error=14001 java.io.IOException: CreateProcess:

Anybody have an idea what is happening?

Br,

Johan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check event viewer logs.If you must be getting these entries :: which are labled "SideBySide".

If so then this is problem of windows patch.Follow SAP Note 1402510 along with 1375494.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to view "starting instance" log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not that familiar yet with SAP Netweaver unfortunately. Where do i find the starting instance log?

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find it in work directory of your java engine /usr/sap/SID/JCXX/work/.

These errors in java engine will sometime reflect problems about memory and swap also.

Look for notes.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Not sure exactly which file is the starting instance log. Here is the output of the sapstartsrv.log file, which is the last one created

before the error occurs.

-

trc file: "sapstartsrv.log", trc level: 0, release: "711"

-

pid 3344

[Thr 3484] Tue May 17 08:13:19 2011

SAP HA Trace: SAP Microsoft Cluster library '711, patch 20, changelist 1027625' initialized

CCMS agent initialization: return code 0.

Initializing SAPControl Webservice

SapSSLInit failed => https support disabled

Starting WebService Named Pipe thread

Starting WebService thread

Webservice named pipe thread started, listening on port
.\pipe\sapcontrol_00

Webservice thread started, listening on port 50013

I have looked for the notes regarding memory and swap issues. But the strange thing is that I get Netweaver to work at first but get errors when upgrading.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

It was the problem you referred to. I noticed the sidebyside errors in the event log.

Installing the visual 2005 c++ package fixed it.

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The update worked for me too:)

regards,

Tarvi.

Edited by: Tarvi Tihhanov on Jun 7, 2011 7:54 AM

Edited by: Tarvi Tihhanov on Jun 7, 2011 7:54 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check for the permissions ..

Deepthi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked if the sapcontrol.exe really exists on the link C:\usr\sap\VA3\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\ ?

If yes, check the permissions for this file, it should have full permission for <SID>adm user.

Most of this cases it happens algo because of the environment variable. Can you please also check the environment variable PATH in your system:

For example, on Windows AMD64:

PATH=%PATH%;
<SCSVirtualHostName>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

Thanks,

Anderson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the permissions for the sapcontrol.exe but the <sid>adm user has full control.

The PATH environment variable does not exist in my Windows system. I have a few questions:

- I have the environment variable named "Path". Is this the same variable as "PATH" mentioned here?

- Should the PATH environment variable be created automatically during installation? If Yes, how come it has not?

Br,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does it contains exe path ?

if not add the exe path to the path env varibale and try to do that.

This will clear the doubt if its because of path variable.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added the search path to NTAMD64 folder to the "Path" environment variable. The same error still appears.

Br,

Johan