cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch valuation whilst goods receipt to purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've assigned and valuated a batch class to a raw material.

Batch management is activated for the material.

When posting goods receipt to a purchase order the system creates a batch but without valuation.

My expectation is that the system takes all values of the material master batch class as a default value.

I've activated batch Classification for Goods Movements in IM in customizing with following settings:

- Movement type 101

- Classification always in foreground (all batches)

- Characteristic from classification and configuartion

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I have the exact same requirement and have been unable to default values from the material master into the batch master. If you find a way to do this outside of a user exit, please update the post.

I am looking at an alternate, using batch derivation. I'm writing a search procedure that is set up so that the sending batch is always the same batch - a batch template. Using batch derivation I believe I can cause all new batches to be created with values copied from this template batch. It's not the material master, but it is a master data record available for the end user to maintain going forward.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look into this help page from SAP:

even it is from QM module, the part about batch classification is pretty general

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a7/09d9f3b33211d184e60000e82013e8/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain Valuation Category "X" in the material master Accounting 1 view for the Plant.

And then try creating a new PO and GR.

If valuation cat "X" is not allowed to enter in material master then check in OMWC whether it is active for your plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj Singh,

Thank you for your reply, but I don't want the make a batch valuation for accounting.

My issue is the valuation of the batch class characteristics whilst goods receipt of a purchase order.

I've assigned a batch class (class type 022) to the raw material and have set the values for all

characteristics.

When posting the good receipt for a PO the system creates a new batch with batch class of the material master

but the values of the characteristics are missing. I assumed the system would take the values of the material master

batch class to the batch by default.

Regards

Stefan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have set classification in foreground, did you click the classification button when processing MIGO?

Make sure it is set with a 1 - Classification carried out in background (all batches).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I've clicked on the classification button when processing migo. The characteristics have no value.

When I click on F4 to get the possible values for the selected characteristic there is only the value I've set in the material master data batch class. My aim is to get this value as default.

I've also tried the MIGO processing with the customizing setting 1 - Classification carried out in background (all batches).

The same system behaviour

Regards

Stefan