Need guidance on career planning.
Dear SAP Gurus,
I have a small doubt, which I think can be easily clarified by the great bunch of experienced professionals here.
I have 3 years of experience in SAP technical module primarily ABAP.
Recently I got an opportunity to be a part of the SAP team in an oil and gas MNC. I have few questions related to such an opportunity.
1. As I am currently working in an IT services organization, will it be taken as a negative strategy, if I move to the IT wing of an Oil and Gas company?
2. Will I get enough opportunities to keep myself updated with the new technologies and polish my skills further to be at par with industry standards ?
3. Say when I switch over from the IT department of an Oil and gas company, will it be a problem if I want to get in to an IT company again?
4. Will I be tagged as a non-consultant as I won't be working on multiple projects for multiple clients?
5. How good it will be to work in such an environment, as the new company has relatively small SAP team ?