cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void & re-issue cheque

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation to void cheque and re-issue another one. The condition is the payment document should not be touched. Because this Payment document is already cleared since it was a cross company code transaction. If we end up in voiding the payment document, it becomes a mess to reset and reverse the whole list of cleared items. Instead we need a simple way to void & re-issue a fresh cheque.

Thanks,

Basu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Goutam. We were able to void the old cheque and re-issue a new one without voiding the Payment document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, I know this is an old thread but how were you able to re-issue the old cheque?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramita,

I have tried all options like FCH5 and FCH7. But nothing is working.

When I try to re-print it comes up with the following error.

FCH5 Error -

Document 1008 2010 2000300237 is not a payment document

Message no. FS565

Diagnosis

The entered payment document was not recognized as such. A cause can be that the bank account used is not characterized as relevant for cash flow.

Procedure

Please check whether you entered the correct document number and select the field 'Cash flow-relevant' in the G/L account master record maintenance of the bank account, if necessary.

FCH7 Error

"Reprinting of checks was not successful"

Message no. FS592

Diagnosis

A check was to be printed again with another check number. This new printout was unsuccessful.

A possible reason might be the specification of a print program in payment methods customizing for a country which does not issue prenumbered checks.

If this error analysis does not produce a result, please call the SAP hotline, and report this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Mentioned , PLease checj if 'Cash flow-relevant' in the G/L account master record maintenance of the bank account i sTicked ot not and if not you need to update tht bez when your using F-53, If your not updating tht check box it will not allow .

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutam,

Thanks for your response. I was able to void the cheque through FCH9. But how do i re-issue?

Thanks,

Basu

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First step to Void Issued Cheque Use T.code FCH9 , Here you will only Give the cheque Number and Void reason. and you can reissue a new cheque for the same document Number.

this will solve your issue.

Thanks

Goutam

Edited by: Goutam78 on May 13, 2011 2:23 PM