cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI data is not matching with R3 data after a fresh setup. BI vs R3 Mismatch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Recently we had Implemented the Inventory Management for Retail. Taken downtime and loaded the data by following all the steps. The data is successfully loaded till Nov 2010 to till date. Now when I am comparing the data with R3 using MB51, I am getting the below issues.

We have report in BI, on Material Ledger and we run above query for the duration of 1st Jan 2011 to 31st Jan 2011, This appear to be difference in the output.

BI opening quantity does not match with ECC MB5B opening matches.

1. Few of my BI entries of Movements are not present in R3.

2. Few entries are with no movements present in BI.

3. Some entries of R3 are not present in BI.

Can anyone guide me....

Ur inputs are valued....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

I am not very familiar with the inventory management datasources in BI system, but there is a possibility that the datasource itself only allows some specific movement types to be loaded into the BI system. I suggest you once check for the same by running the extract checker(RSA3) in the debugging mode for this datasource.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thanks for all ur Views.... Hey Rajeev U were Right, I had already escalated the client to provide me the Movements which should i consider for BI and which shouldn't. Looking to hear from them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harsha,

R u able to match the BW and R/3 report as we are facing the same requirement of validating material movement between R/3 and BW..

Which report in BW and in R/3, you found suitable for validating the data.

We tried using the customized report and MB51 but not sure, since nothing seems to be same.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few things to check:

1 - Ensure that there were no postings during the setup table filling. Also ensure that you transfer only valuated stock.

2- MB5B gives you data as of the given posting date so ensure you have extracted all data in ECC.

Also check the valuated stock only and ensure that for the site you are validating, it is initialized in BW.

3 - Please compress the BF and UM inits without marker if done with data transfer.

4- Compress BX with marker update.

5 - Give the exact same date in MB5B and Query.

Let us know if any of the above aspects are overlooked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debanshu,

Thanks for your quick reply, here are my finding

1 - Ensure that there were no postings during the setup table filling. Also ensure that you transfer only valuated stock.

Ans: yap, there were no postings while filling the setup tables, as we had taken downtime.

2- MB5B gives you data as of the given posting date so ensure you have extracted all data in ECC.

Ans: We had extracted data from Nov-2010 to till date, and I am trying to match the MB5B with BI for Nov-2010 to Till date. But I am unable to match them.

Also check the valuated stock only and ensure that for the site you are validating, it is initialized in BW.

Ans: For the given site, the validating stock is not matching

3 - Please compress the BF and UM inits without marker if done with data transfer.

Ans: BF and UM are compressed without marker update.

4- Compress BX with marker update.

Ans: Compressed BX with marker update.

5 - Give the exact same date in MB5B and Query.

Ans: yap, with same date in MB5B and on Infocube, Data is not matching.

Is there anything I am missing or do MB5B will be matching if only I load all the date, i.e before Nov 2010 data. or is MB5B logic is differ from the data we loaded into BI????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well MB5B provides stock as on date(date given in selection) and if you give selection for the posting date, it will show you the transactions happened between those dates but stock figures will be from the beginning till as of selected date.

Therefore you will have to load the entire data in BW for that site which you are trying to reconcile.

Do one thing...fill BX selectively only for one site and load it into BW (do not forget to do a selective delete first from 0IC_C03 cube).

Then check MB5B for that site and articles(which have come in BW) and validate against BW query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debanshu,

Let me clarify you, we had loaded the data from 01-10-2010 to till date, in MB5B I am checking the data for 01-10-2010 to till date. but the transaction for few movements is differ.

Like few transaction in BI are missing and few transaction are loaded extra....

can U Guide me....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MB5B shows you stock as of date and if you give selections, for example

from - 01st May' 2011

to - 10th May' 2011

It will show you stock as on 10th May' 2011 and all the transactions from 1st to 10th May' 2011.

To display stock as on 10th May, it considers all the transactions from the beginning (which is before 1st May) till 10th May.

Do one thing:

1 - Take a particular site, say xxxx, and first selectively delete all data from 0IC_C03 cube.

2 - Fill BX setup table only for that site and transfer data into BW.

3 - Reconcile MB5B and BW query data for that site for different months.

Let us know the result.