cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change standard message text without repair/modification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a possibility to change or influence the standard message texts e.g. raised in Shopping Carts in SRM 7.0?

I do not want to change the standard message via SE91 because the REPAIR will be overwritten with next System Upgrade.

Is there a BADI available to influence messages for the shopping cart? The raised standard messages are not running through the BADI BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI. There you just can create own messages.

Has anybody a good idea?

Thank in advance

Regards

Trevor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neelima,

you got exatly the point. I have only the 2 possibilities which are no proper solution:

1. influence the type of a standard message through customizing (no text changes possbile)

2. use BADI and create OWN messages via BADI (no standard messages available)

BUT i need to change the TEXT of a given standard messages . This is not possible via BADI because the standard messages does not run through the BADI.

Do you have another idea?

Regards,

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. influence the type of a standard message through customizing (no text changes possbile)

2. use BADI and create OWN messages via BADI (no standard messages available)

You can not update the standard message texts without modification.

However, you could combine the two points above to achieve what you want:

1. influence the type of a standard message through customizing by suppressing it completely (no show)

2. in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI implementation, make the exact same check as the standard and populate a custom message with your own text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can change this message type or switch it off in SPRO > Cross-Application Basic Settings > Message Control > Influence Message Control.

You may need to add the same message into table BBPC_PDMSG if it's not there already.

And can add your custom message through BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Regards,

Neelima