cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto currency conversion at cube level for a particular vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue: We have data for 50 Vendors in the source system,for a particular vendor with currency IDR (Indonasian Currency) the data is displayed wrongly at DSO and cube level.

Details:

Data in ECC:

Vendor Companycode currency Amount

1000001 1085 IDR 450.00

Data in PSA:

1000001 1085 IDR 450.00

Data in DSO and Cube:

While displaying data when we "Check" - "Donot use any conversion, the data is displayed (same) as below:

1000001 1085 IDR 450.00

While displaying data when we " uncheck" - "Donot use any conversion and select DB Aggregation , the data is displayed as below:

1000001 1085 IDR 45000.00

This suggests that system is somewhere multiplying this value by 100. Report also shows the wrong value i.e 45000.00

Note: This issue is only for this particular vendor,data for other 49 vendors is displayed correctly.

No currency conversions in BW system.

Regards,

Priyanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do the other vendor also have IDR as a currency?

we recently had the same post here. If i remember well, the problem is linked to the fact that for some currencies, the number of decimals is set to 0 (infact seemingly multiplying by 100)

search the forum, it has been treated and solved.

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibollo,

The other vendors donot have IDR ,they have different currencies.

I will check the forum for similar posts.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Its not just with IDR, but also, KRW, HKD, THB and etc., this is due to decimal place (.00).

Values are stored correctly in the cube, its only when you are reporting.

So Options:

Find which Sales Org/Company Code (not by vendor) you have this issue and divide by 100 in either your update rules or at the query level when displaying.

Doing it at the query level is better option because this way you are not changing the actual data stored in the Cube.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveen Rao Kattela