cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Splitting with BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone knows about an example on splitting a message into several messages (multiline element), the target message type is of one type.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Someone knows about an example on splitting a message into several messages (multiline element), the target message type is of one type.</i>

>>>Several messages means several message types ..

But if you want to get multiple lines then it is called multiple occurences. i.e One message type is having multiple main segments.

For e.g in this case, one message type with multiple Segment can occur. If this is your requirement, then no need of multiline etc. Just you need to map it correctly.

<Target>

<Segment> (1..n)

</Target>

If you want multiple messages i.e one then it will be like this

<Messages>

<Message1> 1..n

<Target>

</Message1>

<Message1> 1..n

<Target>

</Message1>

</Messages>

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the message mapping go to the message tab and change the occurance of the target message as 0..unbounded. Simillarly you have to do the same during the interface mapping as well. Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks,

Prakash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already did that but at runtime the Tranformation Step does not generate the target multiline element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have it, but is not of very much help. Don`t you have other one?

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben

This weblog may help you

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure