cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Scope of Planning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am not clear on Scope of Planning in MD01. what is it about ?

An Explanatory answer will be appreciated, so I can get my-self clear on this question.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

In the scope of planning we define the organizational units and their sequence to be planned during MRP run. It is defined in customization. These organizational units can be Plants or MRP areas.

We have to enter the key for the planning run in the initial screen of the total planning run MD01. The total planning run then carries out MRP for the plants or MRP areas defined in the scope of planning.

You can enter as many plants or MRP areas as you like in the scope of planning. You can also only enter one MRP area. MRP is then only carried out for one MRP area.

If you have activated MRP for MRP areas, when you enter a plant, this includes all MRP areas of this plant.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Thanks so much for your valuable replies.... I made myself clear on Scope of Planning now....

Hence, done the rating and closing the thread. Thanks so much once again.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

The scope of planning is used to control whether the total planning run is executed on a multi-plant level

several plants

one MRP area

several MRP areas

a combination of plants and MRP areas.

Here the planning will cover all the material which is relevant for planning in all the above given areas.

Hope it helps.

Alok Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Well scope of planning is used to plan as per as your requirements, it may be a group of plant,MRP areas,.

In Scope of planning (OM0E) you can define the set of plants and MRP ares for which you want to run total planning,MD01.

Also use transaction "OM0E" to define scope of planning for individual MRP areas and based on this scope of planning you can create variants which can be scheduled using MDBT to run in back ground.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Thanks so much for your answers but unfortunately I am not able to get it, so can you make a second try to make me understand the whole topic....!

Thank you

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usuallly when you run MRP,you will maintiain charecteristics which guides the system what to consider during planning run. It may be a material, plant, WBS element etc.

Similaraly scope of planning is one such charecteristics which defines what plants and/or MRP areas should be considered during planning run. Also it defines in what sequence they should be considered during planning.

Eg: plant 1000 should be planned first then plant 2000 then 3000 and so on.

In customizing (OM0E) you define the sequence of plants and MRP areas, durin planning these objects are planned according to the order they appear.

Pavan