cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload content to server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a WebDynpro Java beginner developer.

I'm doing modifications to a WebDynpro Java development and I have a big problem... I followed the next steps:

- I imported a Development Configuration from a remote server

- I syncronized sources

- I created projects from the Active DCs perspective

- I began to modify the sources and the corresponding activities were created

- I tested the modifications with "Deploy New Archive and Run"

Until here, everything is ok, but the problem appears now... when another guy wants to download and test the modifications from another computer, he can't because the sources he is downloading from the server are the old ones!

How can I upload my changes to the server? I need my modifications to be viewed from another computer before transport to productive environment.

Thx!!

Miguel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should create project from inactive dc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I think I created projects from Active DCs... what I should do right now? Can I do a "checkin" in the open activities and everything will go ok?

Thanks!

Miguel Angel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arinso,

Its better if you re do the changes by creating project from inactive DC.

But before that REVERT the open activites and delete them. This will indo the changes.

Regarding your problem, I think once you check in the activites it will be ok, but the other user need to create project from active DCs only.

Try to avoid creating projects from active DCs.

Once you check in an activity, you need to create a new one to make further changes.

Hope it helps.

Sattam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii,

You can go to Window - > Open Perspective -> Design Time Repository and choose your Activities for check in your source to server , if you are using Sap NetWeaver Studio IDE.

Hope help !

Sol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soledad,

Thanks for the answer!!!

Ok, then in the DTR perspective, I should do a "checkin" to my open activities... I'll try it!

But after that, If I need to do more changes to the source code, must I create a new activity? Or I could add the changes to the same activity?

Thx!!!

Miguel Angel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii Arinso,

Your think in above is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which one?

I could use the same activity or I should create a new one?

Thx!

Miguel Angel.