cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD02 Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I was wondering what is co-relation / Difference between Processing Key NETCH and Planning Mode (3 - Delete and Recreate Planning Data).

I think NETCH is configured for the material's for which we want to run the MRP will all the changes made till now..........

on secong hand, I am confused by seeing Planning Mode, what will be the impact if we choose 1- Adapt Plannign Data (Normal Mode) and if we choose 3- Delete the whole requirment from MD04 and recreate whole planning for that specific material... right ??

Explainatery, with an Example answer will be highly appreciated... I will get my mind clear on it...

Thanks and Best Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Processing key are maintained to consider all the changes relevant to MRP during planning run for the material under consideration.

We have three types of processing keys, 1 : Net change planning(NETCH) 2: net change planning in the planning horizon (NETPL) 3: Online regenerative planning. (NEUPL)

1: NETCH : considers all changes of material relevant to MRP between previous and current MRP run. These changes may be new sale/production/purchase orders, PIRs, Goods issues/reciepts. etc.

2: NETPL:it works similarly to NETCH but changes considered are limited to planning horizon you define in customizing. Here depending on horizon maintained, can increse the speed of the planning run but sometimes planning results may not be so accurate because of the reason all changes relevant to MRP may not be considred by the system.

3: NEUPL: system considers all changes relevant /irrelevant during MRP run. All changes from initial MRP run till date. This gives most accurate results but system performance is hindered as it considers all available data.

Planning mode are basically maintained to consider master data changes relevant to object which undergoes planning run.

Master data such as material master, work center, routing, scheduling agreement.

For minor changes such as change in description, you can use 1 Adapt planning data, but if you are changing something like MRP type or change in BOM component or work center in the routing (considered as major changes in the master data) in that case we use planning mode 3:delete and recreate. If you are making changes only in the BOM/routing then you can with planning mode 2:re explode BOM/routing. for eg: change in component qty or change in routing times.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Pavan

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

There is no realtion between Processing Key NETCH and Planning Mode.

When you use the key NETCH system do the MRP run for only the materials which have undergone change relevant to MRP like change in stock, new requirement etc.

Regarding planning mode 3 suppose you have executed the MRP run former a material and two PR's generated.If you do the MRP run again for the same maerial with planning mode 3 then system delete the already created PR's and will create new fresh PR's. in planning mode 1 old PR's will exist.