cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deski report-Spacing between sections

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed a deski report with sections and what this does is it creates spaces between two different section blocks.When I save this report as excel and try to apply filter on data it doesn't show all the values since there are empty rows in between.

I do not expect users to manually delete empty rows in the excel.

Can someone guide me how to remove these gaps between the sections?

If I remove sections and apply breaks excel format is fine but I'll not be able to get bookmark links in PDF which is also as requirement.

Can somebody help me if tehy know the solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To apply the filter in Excel, select all the data and then apply the data.

If you don't want blank rows, then using breaks instead of sections is easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.It helped.If I select all the data and apply the filter it shows all the values.

The main reason I have to use sections and not breaks is I need to show bookmark links in the pdf version of the deski report.

To achieve this I need to apply sections right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need sections.

To tighten up the sections and get no blank rows, you need to set all your appropriate page layout alignments to 0 relative to the bottom of the previous report component. Make the section header cell larger and with no border to give the appearance of space between the two sections instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please kindly let me know how to set the page layout alignment to not get any blank rows?

Are you talking about Format Crostab->Appearance->"Vertical Position relative to " settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

That and the section positioning. It's all about setting the relative positions to 0 as appropriate.

Answers (0)