cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping of Equipment (Excavator) in SAP ETM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a senario where ihave to map a machine (Excavator) with the following specification in SAP ETM:

1. WORKING HOURS PER SHIFT

2. ACTUAL DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT

3. STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER HOUR

4. STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT

5. DIFFERENCE IN DIESEL CONSUMPTION

6. PLANED OUT PUT PER SHIFT

7. ACTUAL OUTPUT ACHIEVED FOR SHIFT

8. DIFFERENCE IN OUTPUT

9. ENGINE OIL CHANGING DATA

10.HYDRALIC OIL CHANGING DATA

11.SPARES USED

What i have done in SAP:

1. Created a euipment by Name : Excavator.

2. Assigned the same to a Plant.

Also i am creating a Perfrmance Based Euipment Document for the Excavator to use it on a Project (Project Name: Construction of Road)

With this i am able to track the actual work hours spent by the excavator on the road project.

Now i am not knowing how to go about to key in or capture the above stated rest of details on equipment.

Can any one throw me some light on how to proceed further.

Regards,

Sudarshan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. WORKING HOURS PER SHIFT - Create Measuring Point either one or based on Shift, create the Measurement Document manually or through Production confirmation. So that, if you want to see based on Shift, based on Measuring point, report can be viewed. If you want to see all together, based on equipment, report can be viewed.

2. ACTUAL DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT - Create the Equipment as Fleet & Do IFCU activity (Material Consumption). If you create the Measuring Point based on shift, based on that Measurement document can be created.

3. STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER HOUR - By using, Characteristics, in Equipment Master, you can maintain this.

4. STANDERD DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT - By using, Characteristics, in Equipment Master, you can maintain this.

5. DIFFERENCE IN DIESEL CONSUMPTION - This should be done by some development

6. PLANED OUT PUT PER SHIFT - What kind of information to be captured?

7. ACTUAL OUTPUT ACHIEVED FOR SHIFT - What kind of information to be captured?

8. DIFFERENCE IN OUTPUT - What kind of information to be captured?

9. ENGINE OIL CHANGING DATA - Based on the details to be maintained, either create the Activity Report type notification or Maintenance Order (as Engine oil change will not happen very frequently)

10.HYDRALIC OIL CHANGING DATA - Based on the details to be maintained, either create the Activity Report type notification or Maintenance Order (as Engine oil change will not happen very frequently)

11.SPARES USED - Using Maintenance Order, track the Spare Parts used. Material where used report will solve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maheswaran,

Thanksfor your reply.

1. WORKING HOURS PER SHIFT - Create Measuring Point either one or based on Shift, create the Measurement Document manually or through Production confirmation. So that, if you want to see based on Shift, based on Measuring point, report can be viewed. If you want to see all together, based on equipment, report can be viewed.

• Where should i create a Mesuring point ? Is it on the Euipment or an individual one? *

2. ACTUAL DIESEL CONSUMPTION PER SHIFT - Create the Equipment as Fleet & Do IFCU activity (Material Consumption). If you create the Measuring Point based on shift, based on that Measurement document can be created.

• I have created a euipment "ZEXCAVATOR" and created a mesuring point "Diesel Consumption" and assigned a characteristic to it and also was trying to creat a mesuring document but i got a greyed out screen where i was unable to input anyting.*

6. PLANED OUT PUT PER SHIFT - What kind of information to be captured?

• Here we want to capture the planned out i.e. If excavator is working in a shift, we plan that in 8 hrs , the excavator has to excavate 100 cubic meters of earth. *

7. ACTUAL OUTPUT ACHIEVED FOR SHIFT - What kind of information to be captured?

• Here we want to capture , the actual output of excavator, like we used excavator for one shift and the out put is only 50 cubic meters *

8. DIFFERENCE IN OUTPUT - What kind of information to be captured?

• Difference of 7 and 8 gives this *

Regards,

Sudarshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Where should i create a Mesuring point ? Is it on the Euipment or an individual one? => In IK01

2. In IMG Path => PM & CS => Master Data => technical objects => Settings for Fleet Management

under this path, do all the configurations. Equipment (Excavator) should be created as Fleet Equipment.

3, 4 & 5. If Planned output is fixed one, then maintain the same in Equipment master using characteristics. Else create one measuring point with target value as 100. Enter the Actual reading (50) in measurement document.

using development, you can get the report. Measurement document table is IMRG. Measuring point table is IMPTT.

Take the Difference between Target Value & Measurement document value.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your inputs and they are very useful for me and am able to make progress in creating a equipment "EXCAVATOR" with Fleet Equipment.

Also i have created Measuring Points on equipment "EXCAVATOR" using IK01

Measuring Point : Distance Travelled (to capture distance travelled by excavator)

After this i have also created couple of Measuring Documents for Distance travelled Measuring Point.

Subsequently i am trying to execute IFCU - Enter usage for vehicle in order to capture the fuel used for the distance travelled by the excavator. (Is this process followed by me correct)

But from this step i am unable to go further as system diaplays me a greyed out screen.

Regards,

Sudashan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In IMG Path => PM & CS => Master Data => technical objects => Settings for Fleet Management.

Under this heading, do the configurations required.

Simple google search gives all these links.

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=318336

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maheswaran,

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Now i am able to create equipment and measuring points and counters.

Also i have created the Measuring documents with IFCU.

Able to create three measuring documents individually for FUEL, TIME and DISTANCE.

I have one last question, which i have asked you in my first post.

How can i relate this to my Project "Construction of Road" ?

Because i am going to use this equipment creted above with respect to my project.

Inputs on this are welcomed.

Regards,

Sudarshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Project duration is long time, then you can create the Project as Functional location & assign the equipment to that. As the Project "Construction of road" will not have only Excavator, all the costs will be accumulaed to FL level. Define the cost center at FL level so that, all the installed equipments will have same cost center.

So based on Cost center wise report, you can track the cost.

If the going to be assigned for New project, create new FL with another cost center so that discrepancy will not be there.

This is not direct solution but without new development this would be the better option.

Regards,

Maheswaran.