cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying a pdf by clicking on a image

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abap gurus:

Is ther any way in web dynpro abap where by clicking on an image a form in pdf can be opened?/

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Display image as link and on click of link navigate to next view and show pdf using interactive form UI or u can also display it as a pop up in new window.

check this article for how to display image as link. [Display image as link in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90605106-091c-2e10-6096-fba04faab063?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true].

u will get an idea how to do.,

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran.

The link provide by you helped me..

I have one other question regarding same request...

If a file is located on server and if i need to give the source directory of the file in linktourl reference property..

Please help me in how to get to the file location on the directory.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please go through this it might helps..

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Kisnas...Thanks for your reply...

I am using linktoURL UI elemet in my webdynpro and i want to refer the file in NWD server which is other than the server my webdynpro application is running..

So i am want to give the URL of the file in linktourl reference property..

How to access the file in other server location and open it in webdypro applicaiton..

please help me in this regard...

Thanks,

Ratna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through this..

Cheers,

Kris.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FTP is the available option

or something like NFS moounted suggested suggested in this below thread.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Sarabjeet..

Ok.if i copy my file from NWD(other than application server ) to application server..then how should i read a excel or PDF file to show up when i clcik on a link in webdynpro application??

Please help me.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your replies..

Now i moved my file to applicaiton server and i was able to display PDF file successfully by using opendataset and closedata set statements and by using class cl_wd_runtime_services=>attach_file_to_response.

But now i face one other problem i.e, i am not able to display some of the PDF files which are having complex graphics or very large amount of data...

error message says that There was error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired.

Please help me with your suggesstions.

Thanks,

Ratna.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try interactive form UI and findout the URL for the file (PDF) you want to show there.

and then pass the Xstring of the PDF into the PDf source property of Interactive form.

and check whether you are able to open the files without using the WDA .. means are you able to open it directly

thanks

sarbjeet singh