cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Asset(wrong assignment of Account Determination)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We have implemented SAP in Jan11, & uploaded asset as on 31.12.10.

It come to notice that some asset uploaded with wrong account determination(as they are Machinery construction Equipment but assign to the GL machinery office equipment,account determination wrongly assign to that asset class).we come to know this when we retire some of that asset as posting happens in office equipment GL.

Now how to rectify all this posting?

1)if i made the changes in account determination it only applicable for new asset creation but what to do with all the asset previously uploaded? may i delete it & reload the same with correct assignment?

2)Depreciation run not yet happen,how to handle it for this wrong asset data?

3)What are the other impacts it made in systems which i need to take care?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can correct the same through Asset transfer using the TCode ABUMN.

Please refer the below link

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-acct/retirement-of-old-assets-data-not-poss...

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-acct/abavnretirement-of-old-assets-data-not...

Hope mentioned links will help you to solve the problem

Regards

Praveen P C

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on May 13, 2011 8:55 AM

Edited by: Praveen Chirakkel on May 13, 2011 8:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen

But all this link doesn't have any final steps or solution for the same.

Awaiting for the response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the asset acquired in the current year? If yes then goto partial transfer tab, select From cur year and enter percentage rate as 100%. Please provide acquisition year details if this is not resolving your issue.

Regards

Milind Sonalkar

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to play with the trans type in ABUMN

You need to select one of the 2 trans types referring to Prior yr data and current yr data

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Now i can post the transfer as i entered value in group asset legecy data

But Ajay now i have the problem as i have depreciation posted as on 31.12.10 in legecy data which is part of my toal accumaltated depreciation,when i am running this transfer my gross & total dep. amount got transfer but my depreciation posted upto 31.12.10 amount not got transfered & it shows debit the same amount in planned dep figure(asset value) & if i run the dep.then amount got posted debit in my accumalated dep.gl.

But my GL posting made at the time of upload are correct as per my record of legecy system,there is no need to less the accm.dep as the amount in that gl is perfect.

How to handle this?

Same way i tried in AS92 directly,to make the all amount zero,but it's not allowing me to change the field depreciation posted as grey out & it also apply same logic as describe(debit to GL)

Edited by: SWEET TW on May 13, 2011 12:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awaiting for the reply

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just go to AS92 and change the Figures to zero for existing asset

Create a new asset from AS91 with same values

Since the OASV entry you passed is correct, you dont need to do any thing else

For the already retired assets, pass a correction entry from ABF1 as per note 69225 or OASV

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its good that you have not executed depreciation so far.. So correction would be easier

Just do an Asset to Asset Transfer using ABUMN... The values would move to correct GL account

After that make the retirement

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay , I tried the same solution but it gives me error as following

Retirement of old assets data not possible (No existing old assets data)

Message no. AA416

Diagnosis

You have tried to post an retirement based on amount, using a transaction type which refers to old assets data (acquisitions from previous years).

However, the sum of the APC at the start of the fiscal year and the transactions, related to the past, equals 0.

Procedure

Check the transaction type entered and the asset.

What to do the next now?