Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document in BSEG but not in BKPF. Message displays Document not in Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day!

We are using SAP 4.6C.

Our client wants to display a document posted some time ago using FB03.

The message displayed, "Document not in database. Search Document archive?"

I looked for the document in BSEG and found that the document exists there.

However, the document header data are missing in BKPF.

Is there a transaction code that could have archived/removed the data in BKPF while

not changing anything in BSEG?

Could there be a way to retrieve these data?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Day !

For your information, the pop up message prompting for archived mesages "Document is not in database. Search document archive? " is not present anymore in the release ECC 6.0. This pop existed in your release and this has been phased out as part of continuous product improvement after inputs from various customers.

In the newer releases instead of this pop up we have the message

"Document XXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXX is already archived" being displayed at the lower bottom of the screen. This helps you identify that the document was archived. This is the standard SAP behaviour.

Therefore, your document is archived. To able to retrieve this document again you can use Tcode FBL3N and change the Data source option (there is a button for that) to Archived Data.

The same you achieve in FB03 when you select Document List button and then Data Sources Button, mark the option Archive.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ms. Vanessa. Thank you for your response.

I tried your suggestion but when I tried to change the data source, I encountered this message:

"Report RFITEMGL is not intended for archiving object FI_DOCUMNT".

We haven't implemented archiving and it was confirmed when I asked our Basis about archiving

procedure.

Additional info:

I looked up for the document header in our current testing server and found the document headers there.

Our current testing server is the production's copy 2 months ago. However, with our old test environment which

was created from production in July 2008, the document headers were also missing. The old test environment has

a different client number residing on the production server.

Thank you again.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This warning message usually is showed because you dont have the following record:

Check Transaction SM30 for table ARCH_REPOW

Object Type Program name

FI_DOCUMNT RFITEMAR

TYPE should be blank.Then try again.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member862468
Participant
0 Kudos

This may be the reason

Generally when system archives the document, the document is archived but in retrieving of archived documents, we define structure to only call certain fields so that it doesnt take much resources. in a actual document we may have 100 fields but when archived and in future, we may need only certain fields in reality, so we make that we recall only few fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response Shriya.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Did you check SM30 as I have suggested? Is the record there?

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

sounds strange... Check SAPNET notes ( eg 124325), collect information what do you think causes this situation and contact SAP.

Best regards, Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Christian. I will do that.