Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help: Internal Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting information message : 'Search help: Internal Error' after incorporating code in RETURN event. My aim was to populate the value from Hit list to Value with restriction field and then by removing some search select criteria, again display the hit list. It is coming back to the value with restriction field screen also populating the fields properly, below 1 information message is coming 'Search help: Internal Error'. If I remove some field from selection and again press the go button, it is doing nothing and system is hanging. The details are given below.

I have created one search help ZTMVGR1 having the following details:

Search help type : Elementary.

Selection Method : MVKE

Search help exit: ZF4_MATGRP_EXIT1.

Display value with restrictions : A

Field Import EXPORT LPOS SPOS SDis Data Element

MATNR X X 5 5 MATNR

VKORG X X 1 1 VKORG

VTWEG X X 2 2 VTWEG

MVGR1 X X 3 3 MVGR1

KONDM X X 4 4 KONDM

MAKTX X X 6 0 MAKTX

In the search help exit ZF4_MATGRP_EXIT1 I have used three events:

1) PRESEL : Purpose of using this was I was not able to see F4 help for few fields in value with restriction screen . I found out that in SHLP-INTERFACE-F4FIELD is equal to 'X', sometimes in search help if that field's value is 'X' , F4 help does not come even if check table exists for that field.

2) DISP : Purpose, I want to fetch material description field in exit only. MAKTX does not exist in MVKE, so either I need to create a view containing all my fields, or populate the one which is not there in selection method in exit.

3) Return : Purpose, I want to put VKORG, VTWEG and MATNR ( MATNR has collective search help, based on material description , we can put material ) . The hit list we get contains VKORG, VTWEG, MATNR, KONDM, MVGR1 and MAKTX. When we double click on hitlist the value returns , I want to populate these entries in value with restriction field. So KONDM and MVGR1 field will be populated. Now I will remove the value of material-low from selection screen and find out for VKORG, VTWEG and MVGR1/KONDM what materials are there. But after writing the code for event RETURN I am getting information message 'Search Help: Internal Error'.

My code snippet is given below.

<removed by moderator>

Moderator message: please post only relevant code parts, your posts must contain less than 5000 characters to preserve formatting.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on May 13, 2011 1:35 PM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In search help exit you need to use the below mentioned function modules

'F4UT_PARAMETER_ALLOCATE' For allocating fields

'F4UT_PARAMETER_VALUE_GET' Get Value

'F4UT_PARAMETER_RESULTS_PUT' put Value

In the same order.

Thanks & regards,

Bhargav.