Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to create a variant used in SM30,View variant in Parameter transaction?

Dear Team,

I have a view V_TCURR. For which I would be creating a parameter transaction for transaction SM30 by filling the default Values section (VIMDYNFLDS-LTD_DTA_VR, VIEWNAME,TVIMV-VARIANT). The values for first two fields are obvious.

The question is on TVIMV-VARIANT How can we create a variant which can be used in tcode SM30.

Delving a little deeper show that these variants Obsolete since R/3 Release 3.1I: Selection variant for a table or maintenance view.

Since R/3 Release 4.0, there are view variants instead of selection variants.

The field only exists for reasons of backwards compatibility.

If thats is so, How do I use the same in parameter transaction..?

I have tried creating a view variant and use it parameter transaction but in vain..

Please help resolve my problem. I hope I am very clear. If still need any clarification, please get back to me.

Thanks a lot in advance,

P.S. Though there are multiple quuestions on simlar subjects none of them has been either answered or is completely relevant to mine.

Actually V_TCURR is a Maintenance view for table TCURR and TCURR doesnt have table maintenance generated. The steps I explained earlier were for table with table maintenance generated.

In order to create SM30 variant for TCURR table, Create a Maintenance view for the table TCURR in SE11 with Selection Conditions and then generate the table maintenance for the newly created maintenance view.

Create the Parameters transtions with SM30 and VIEWNAME as the newly created maintenance view.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question