Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple CUA master clients in the one system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently have all systems and clients across our ECC, BW, CRM & PI landscapes being managed by the one CUA master client.

This works fine with one draw back, any change to CUA distribution settings (SCUM) immediately applies to all child clients, including production, which removes the chance to test any changes.

The current CUA master client is a dedicated client in our Solution Manager system (100). I had the idea of simply creating another client in the Solution Manager system (110) and building this as the 'non-production' CUA master. This gives us two CUA master clients, in the one system, but with different child clients and the potential to test SCUM changes without impacting production.

for example;

SOL client 100 = existing CUA master, for all production systems/clients
 SOL client 110 = new CUA master, for all non-production dev and qa systems/clients 

Wondering if this is possible? Since CUA is all based on ALE I can't think why not, I'm thinking if we use different model names (in SCUA) and make sure a child client is never placed 'into' both masters at once this shouldn't really be a problem to do.

Wondering if anyone else runs multiple CUA masters in the one system at all?

If not, why not? If so, any recommendations on the best way to do so?

Thanks

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I would suggest to split CUA into two parts: one for production system only and other one for rest. You mentioned some advantages of this set up. The CUA uses logical systems which are defined by system ID and client. So there is no problem with having two central CUA systems on one system ID.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I would suggest to split CUA into two parts: one for production system only and other one for rest. You mentioned some advantages of this set up. The CUA uses logical systems which are defined by system ID and client. So there is no problem with having two central CUA systems on one system ID.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin