Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Additional Usage Type BI in NTW 7.01 AS JAVA

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are about to install additional Usage Type BI on our Portal SP 08 (AS JAVA + EP + EP CORE). The required packages were downloaded as indicated in Installation Guide and placed in EPS/in directory. However the following message is displayed once the option "Install Additional Usage Type" is selected in JSPM:

"No applicable support package stacks found for deployment....."

In the other hand, packages are available in "New Software Components" option. Are we missing something here or should we use option New Software Components to install this new Usage Type BI? We have decided not to go ahead with this option till we have some clarifications on this since the installation guide clearly indicates to use :"nstall Additional Usage Type" option.

Please let me know how should we proceed in order to complete this process.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

-

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone thru couple of documents including master guide.

Installation steps for your senario looks like:

1. Install Additional usage type using JSPM--> "Deploying New Software Components"

2. After deployment run the script mention in note number 1268493

-Sanjay

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi -Sanjay

Finally the addtional usage type was added by using the "New Software Component" option in JSPM.

Regards

former_member208104
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

Please check note number Note 883948 - NW 7.00(2004s): Inst.Add.Java Usage Types/Software Units

Looks like you need to select "New software Deployment"

Here is your dependancies.

UTs of SAP NetWeaver 7.00 (2004s) < SPS09:

|UT_NAME |Requires

|BI |AS Java, EP

|DI |AS Java

|EP |AS Java

|MI |AS ABAP, AS Java

UTs of SAP NetWeaver 7.00 (2004s) >= SPS09:

|UT_NAME |Requires

|BI |AS Java, EPC, EP

|DI |AS Java

|EPC |AS Java

|EP |AS Java, EPC

|MI |AS ABAP, AS Java

-Sanjay

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your response.

I've followed note 1268493 because itu2019s indicated in the Installation Guide and because our NTW Release (7.01). This note indicates that is applicable for Installing Additional Java Usage Types / Software Units for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 under the "Symptom" section.

Under same section note 883948 indicates its validity for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.00 (2004s). Also remarks the following:

Caution:

The procedure described in this SAP Note is not valid for SAP NetWeaver 7.00 Enhancement Package 1 (7.01) or higher

Thatu2019s the reason why I was not sure about what process to follow.

Your confirmation would be helpful to have a clear understanding on the right way to complete this tasks.

Thanks and regards

former_member189462
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After reading note 1268493 carefully I've found the following paragraph:

This SAP Note also contains the scripts that you need to run after having installed an additional UT using JSPM option "Deploying New Software Components": Download scripts.zip from the "Attachments" tab of this SAP Note.

I suppose this is the way the BI additional UT should be installed in our case:

a- Select u201CNew Software componentsu201D option

b- Edit and run script "activateUT" after deployment

Now I was wondering in which cases or what pre requisites should be met in order to install a new UT with option "Install Additional Usage Type" on a NTW 7.01 system....as described in Installation Guide?

Thanks and regards