Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating ABAP Program / Class / Function Group Creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

Last time, I asked how to export source code of those three objects in text file. I followed the advice given to me last time and it worked.

However, I'm wondering; if code export is possible? How about code import? Is there any set of FM's that allows you to just feed it an internal table containing the source code, along with attributes (e.g. LDB used? what kind of program is it etc... ) and it will automatically create the program for you and add an entry onto the TADIR/TRDIR/PROGDIR tables? I would be happy to hear your suggestions aside from opening ABAP Workbench and manually copy-pasting a program. (That works too, but I guess I need a more elegant way of doing it ).

Thanks,

Patrick

Edited by: f0xG3! on May 13, 2011 5:26 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The proper and secure way is to use transport requests whenever SAP objects need to move between systems. If the systems are not within the same CTS landscape, then control and data files can be zipped and sent to the destination by other means. This procedure is well documented.

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The proper and secure way is to use transport requests whenever SAP objects need to move between systems. If the systems are not within the same CTS landscape, then control and data files can be zipped and sent to the destination by other means. This procedure is well documented.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Code import and export are possible. Just google/SDN and you can get more information on this.

At times, this helps to copy and paste from one dev system to other or download code for our own reference as well.

For something like, automatic creation of program, avoid it and follow the SAP listed procedures. But do believe that technically everything can be done.

Regards,

Santosh Verma

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you ever thought about 'Transporting objects' - you create the programs/functions/clasess/tables and all in a transportable package and move across the systems as ROB said.

In any other way, you have to open up the client (unless, your DB admin can code for you from background ... Ugly).

You can export but for import, you have to open the client and create the program. It is not an automatic...

Elegant way: Use transport functionality which is safe and you can track the changes and lot more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I think I find it daunting to manually upload FG and Classes, however I've discovered

that ABAP has an "INSERT REPORT, DELETE REPORT and READ REPORT" keywords that

serves my purpose.

or the CL_RS_RECA_SERVICES=>GET_SOURCE method which can read source codes.

Anyways, I'm pretty much satisfied that only ABAP Programs may be uploaded.

Thanks for the help guys

0 Kudos

Hi,

check project called SAPLink (just use Google). It allows you to download various objects such as programs, function modules, web dynpro applications and so on. When you import a SAPLink plugin you can check corresponding class for what is used for export/import. For example for FM it's RS_FUNCTIONMODULE_INSERT.

Cheers