cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organisational Reassignment showing error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing error "Org reassignmen not permitted message PG-162" while executing organisational reassignemnt action, while changing assignment of employees from one to country to other. like from USA to KOREA.

Client ' system version is 4.6 C. and they are not intersted to have a new PERNR in other country after resiignment.

Is Global employee management facility available in 4.6 C , where we can use the Personnel ID concept.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dhenny_muliawaty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

NA PG162

Short Text

Organizational reassignment not permitted

Diagnosis

The organizational reassignment is not possible because

The previous and new personnel areas are assigned to different country groupings (MOLGA)

or

The organizational assignment (feature IVWID) and the employee have different infotype view indicators.

System Response

The organizational reassignment is rejected.

Procedure

Check the attributes of the personnel areas,

the settings in feature IVWID tcode PE03,

and the employee's infotype view indicator in the Payroll Status infotype (transaction SE16, table PA0003, field VIEKN).

AFS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the standard delivered functionality, SAP does not support

an organizational change to another country in the case you want

to keep the same personal number of the relevant employee.

The only supported organizational change from one country to another

is to terminate the employee in the one country and rehire in the

new country with another personal number. Check note 116007 that

explains why this is not permitted.

Within standard each personnel number can only have one molga.

You can find further information in help.sap.com:

Personal Administration ->Business Processes in Personal Administration

->Country Reassignment.

You can also see the documentation in the SAP Library regarding

country reassignments.

As of the Enterprise release 4.7 there is the possibility of using

the new functionality Concurrent Employment/ Management of Global

Employees.... So it is not available in 46C...

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to add to what Ana said earlier, 116007 note will allow you to do a country reassignment without pernr change in 46c version of sap but then you will lose the following:

1. any further support from sap for any issues arising due to implementation of aforementioned note.

2. if time eval and payroll are active in you current system you WILL start facing inconsistencies

3. I dont think the application of note 116007 is reversible so chances of you ending up between a rock and ahard place are very high.

solution : simple do not apply 116007, educate your client about the necessity for pernr change when molga changes in the version of sap they are in now,.. suggest that an upgrade could very well be very beneficial for them,... (it is about time they upgraded anyway)... and last but not the least good luck.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srini & Ana,

Many many thanks both of you for guiding me on this issue .

Could you please guide me suppose the cllient will go for applying this note on their own risk , then how & where i need to deactivate the check for allowing for org reassignemnt with counrty change with same PERNR as per the note.

Please guide me i need to be ready for the csenario if somes.

Regards

Debasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmm bad question as I do not want to answer that one at all. but here goes a few pointers:

1. even after application of the note the transfer will not be a straight forward thingy

2. so I suggest you apply this on a sandpit box that is not connected to the tms and that doesnt affect your actual dev/qa/prd boxes at all..

3. then try running the transfer action..

4. i did this about a decade ago I think and it wasnt easy then,... testing is intensive and the problems you may face are dependant on the extent of config/customisation already done so cannot be more specific than this mate..

cheers