cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using BI 7 SP06. This issue was encountered recently, please find details below.

We are creating a Process Chain and need to delete all the Data in the InfoCube from specific DTP's (FYI. The Cube is getting data from 5 DSO's and data received from just 2 DSO's need to be dropped from the Cube). We are using Complete Deletion of Data Target Contents in the Process Chain and have selected the 2 DTP's for which we need the data to be dropped.

When we run the Process Chain, all the Data in the Target Cube is getting dropped and not just the data from these 2 DTP's. Any suggestions on why this would be happening or is there an SAP Note that needs to be applied to solve this. An early response would be appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Manu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as far as i can see from your description, i can only give you the standard SAP answer : works as designed.

using the delete entire content step, you will empty the complete cube, regardless of what you put in the variant.

if you need to consider the source of the request, you need to use the delete overlapping request step.

in the variant of this step you can determine which requests need to be deleted

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M,

Thank you for your response. We have a mix of Full & Delta Loads and the loads that I need to drop are all Delta's and this is for re-init. In this scenario, Delete Overlapping requests will not work.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks & regards,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got the same problem in past but was unable to solve it, will you please post the solution if you get one

Regards

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am still working on a solution for this issue. Contemplating the use of a Function Module call or write a Routine. I will update the solution once I have cracked this.

Thanks & regards,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Write the strat routine for those 2 DSO's which you dont want to update or if any specific data is updating from these DSO's keep filter on that data at dTP level, so that data would not update into cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manavendra,

You can create and ABAP Program for this and include that as an Process Variant in your Process Chain instead of Delete InfoCube Contents.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

AP & Abhishek,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try these options and put an update.

Thanks & regards,

Manu.