Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending by mail an Invoice with VF02 does not work

gilberto_parga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

When using VF02 to send by mail an invoce form, the functional consultant is in trouble since it does not work. I am ABAP consultant, and before starting to debug the huge amount of lines of code behind this transaction, I think there might be a more straight solution. When setting the invoice number and entering this transaction, we accessed Goto->Header->Output. The output table to enter our fields appears. Here we set ZXXX as output type and External send like the Medium. When I press enter, the line is automatically filled with the rest of fields. Then we go to Further Data and choose the Send Immediatelly (when saving the application) option. Get back and press Save button. After it, a message "Please enter a communication strategy" is shown and the SD consultant told me that the correct option is MAIL (in fact, this option is part of the F4 help, with "email" as descriptive text) in the Communication strategy field. She told me it should be all to send a mail with the invoice. We did not fill the Logical destination nor checked "Print immediatelly" or "Release after output" checkboxes since they are not useful in this case. So when finally Save button is pressed, a message appears: " ", and then a dialog box appears with the following message: " Express document "Update was terminated" received from author "GILBERTO PARGA"". The mail received in my inbox is only a error message with title "Update was terminated" and the content is the following:

Update was terminated

System ID.... XXX

Client....... 999

User..... SOMEBODY

Transaction.. VF02

Update key... XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Generated.... 12.05.2011, 20:37:27

Completed.... 12.05.2011, 20:37:27

Error Info... Output device not defined.

The system is SAP ECC 6.0. Note that the message indicates no output device was defined, but since we are using email instead of print output, it does not matter. I have filled the field with the same result. I have read from Internet it could be a configuration trouble (the SD consultant checked it before, according herself) or even a Basis issue. Anyway, do you know the possible causes and possible solutions (like OSS Notes) for this trouble? The print output works fine, by the way. Thank you all for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you maintain method EXTERNAL SEND then in communication method you have to specify Communication strategy as CS01(Internet/letter)

If you maintain method simple mail then in communication method you have to maintain RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT TYPE

Also check the number range assignment for billing type for error "Update was terminated"

you might be assigned numbers which are already consumed.

kapil