cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom WebDynpro w/o MDM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some information/guidance on way to achieve desired result in MDM using WebDynpro.

We are creating some custom WebDynpro applications on Products. Once a product is created, it needs to be approved by approver 1 and then finally by another approver called u2018Final Approveru2019. Both the approver will also modify the information if it is not correct and then approve the product. For this scenario, we are not using the MDM workflow.

This is what we are doing:

Initial Creator -> will use u2018Checkout new Recordu2019 and then checks in the record so that other can see the record and approver can start the work.

Approver 1: -> will check out the record (non-exclusive), corrects incorrect information and then save the data.

Final Approver -> Can modify the record as this record is checked out, will do his changes and then checks in the record.

Can you please tell us whether we are doing right steps of checkout and checkin. I mean Approver 1, needs to checkin record rather than just saving etc.

Also what should be the sequence of checkout u2013 checkin we should follow in maintain process considering it is also a three step process.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B Das

When record is nonexclusive checked out all users are working with copy of this record.

All users working with nonexclusive checked out record can see each another changes .

Latest changes will be applied when record is checked in.

In your case, make sense to checked out record at start process and and check in it after process has finished because Final Approver cam modify information too and his/her decision is final.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Thanks for your reply on this topic. I am not an MDM expert so these basic questions.

Also I have one doubt on maintain scenario

In maintain scenario, initiator is checking-out the record in nonexclusive mode so that other approver can see his changes and can finally checku2019s in.

But what if this another user1 come and start modifying the same Product which he can do as the record is checked out in non-exclusive mode.

The checkin activity of Final Approver will also check in the changes done by above user1. So two question;

Can we make sure the user1 changes are not checked-in when final approver checkin the changes.

If no, how can we restrict the usrer1 to modify the same record?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello B Das

As i told early, in non exclusive checkout mode all users can modify checked outed record

untill some of them don't do check in.

If somebody of users checked in record last change will be saved to original record.

After that if you want to change record again you should make check out it.

exclusive -just you can modify record and after that you should to do check in.

nonexclysive - all users, who have seen this record and have permissions to modify it can modify it untill somebody of them don't do check in.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Das

coming specific to ur doubt

the check in / checkout sequence b/w the 1st and final approver : i dont believe that unless the 1st app checks - in , the WD app can actually call APIs to get the data (still in checkout state) - can u try this ??

but ideally -

till the time ALL is approved (final approver) - the item should be in checkout state

as cheking in means the end user can see the result (item maybe still incomplete) - not the correct process

think ant this then

thanks

-Adrivit