cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous assignment of Asset to WBS and internal order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone let me know if there's a way to bypass SAP error AY146 "Simultaneous acct assignmnt to order and WBS element not possible" through configuration. Both WBS and internal order are statistical. This assignment needs to be made in the asset master record. Thanks!

Regards,

Yathi P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly read F1 help on fields ANLA-EAUFN and ANLA-POSNR.

In previous releases by manually indicating an investment order or a WBS Element they WERE statistically updated when postings with budget relevant transaction types.

By doing so these transactions appear twice, in the information system of the projects and of the capital investment program so that was the reason for not allowing both objects to be indicated.

You can check this in old SAP note 43030.

In any case notice that this logic has changed in Enterprise Releases and transaction types cannot longer be customized as "relevant for budget".

The account assignment objects have to be activated explicitly in Customizing and allowed entries have to be defined for respective account assignment rules:

You can find this new customizing in:

SPRO -> Financial Accounting -> Asset Accounting -> Integration with the General Ledger -> Additional Account Assignment

Objects -> Activate Account Assignment Objects

Here you will find all the object active for asset accounting (like cost center, Orders and so on).

An additional path of customizing you have to update is:

SPRO -> Asset Accounting -> Integration with the General Ledger -> Additional Account Assignment Objects ->

Specify Acct Assignment Types for Acct Assignment Objects

However, I know that one customer really wanted both information in the asset and they proceeded to change or deactivate the message type in transaction OBA5.

However, you will have to make sure and check with your consultant if this is an option for your business requirements, as this error may has its valid functionality to be there.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venessa,

We also need to have these fields used simultaneously. How can I deactivate the error message.

I went to OBA5 can not find the application area to deactivate that message. how can i deactivate.

Thanks,

Raneetha