cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Logon Required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've only ever used Crystal Reports 10 before...Now I've got Crystal Reports 2008. In the past, whenever I set up an ODBC connection or an ADO connection, when I supplied the username/password, it saved it as part of the report. However, now with Crystal 2008, I set it up as normal, saved the report, and now when a user accesses the report via the web, a "Database Logon" page comes up, asking the user to provide the DB's UserID/Password.

I need the report to save the UserID/Password...None of our users will/should know it.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I "accidently" fixed this issue myself. I kept re-setting the database location and eventually one of my efforts worked. I think it might have been when I selected "Trusted Connection" the last time that I set up an ODBC(RDO) connection.

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Which SDK are you using? Then I'll move this post to the correct SDK forum.

Thanks

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was actually able to solve my own problem...but for future reference...Where would I find which sdk I am using?

Mark

0 Kudos

Any dll will tell you, or Help About in CR Designer, or the \windows\assembly folder will give your the GAC version of the assembly and going to properties will give you the actual version of the dll.

12 is the major version followed by the Service Pack and then the minor build version.

For others please post how you resolved and mark the post as answered.

Thank you

Don