cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I modify Token ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to modify a particular token for changing the date format. What could be the possible way to modify the token ?

Can it be done through query modification ? In that case please let me know the way to find out the associated query ..

Regards

Sudipta Mondal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta -

Could you provide more information? Where are you trying to change the date format? The format shown in the user interface is based on the user account logged in. In general, I don't know of a token that would be used to change format, nor do I think that would be necessary.

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I have a token %RFX_DUE_DATE% which I got from RG book. I am using that token in mail message template for sending reminder .Now I want to modify the token due to some reason. Can you please help me by the process.

I guess some SQL query is associated with tokens. if so how can I find out the query and also please let me know the process of creating a new token to be used in mail template for Rfx ?

Regards

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta -

For email messages, the system populates the value of each of the tokens based on the value of the related field on the business object. That is, the system populates the value of the %RFX_DUE_DATE% token based on the value that is set in the RFx. The value cannot be modified. Additionally, for field types like Dates, the system will format the value based on the recipient of the email using the email format specified for that user in their user account. In this case, that would be the Supplier Contact.

I might be able to provide an alternative solution, but would need a bit more information relative to the requirement to "modify" the value.

Regards,

Rob